Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top removal question

Old 05-09-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top removal question

Can you completely removed the soft top on a four door without removing the factory hard top? Also what would a factory four door soft top that has never been used sell for? Thanks for the info.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure on price to sell the top - check sold listings on eBay or look at Craigslist for your area to see. I would imagine in 'new condition' surely $1000 if it's complete, maybe more?

RE: Removing the soft top without removing the hard top.

Sorry - can't do it. The bow is too wide, at least if was for my 2011 2 door, can't imagine any real difference in the rear opening and mounting of the top on the 4 door that could help do it without removing the hard top.

Wife and I lifted the hard top off real quick, removed the soft top and set the hard top back on. Wasn't that hard really.

REMEMBER: if you go to sell your soft top, don't forget to take the soft top mounting brackets off the roll bar while you have the hard top off. I'm sure you can get them off later, but it would be harder.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by phantomandy
Not sure on price to sell the top - check sold listings on eBay or look at Craigslist for your area to see. I would imagine in 'new condition' surely $1000 if it's complete, maybe more?

RE: Removing the soft top without removing the hard top.

Sorry - can't do it. The bow is too wide, at least if was for my 2011 2 door, can't imagine any real difference in the rear opening and mounting of the top on the 4 door that could help do it without removing the hard top.

Wife and I lifted the hard top off real quick, removed the soft top and set the hard top back on. Wasn't that hard really.

REMEMBER: if you go to sell your soft top, don't forget to take the soft top mounting brackets off the roll bar while you have the hard top off. I'm sure you can get them off later, but it would be harder.
Thank you this is exactly what I needed to know. I have a friend with a four door and I did not have any exprience with the soft top removal. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Soft top removal question