Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top rear window

Old 02-05-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top rear window

I had a TJ and would roll up the back window and snap the hangers around it while I had the top off or the side windows off. But after a while the rear window got scratches and looking bad, I don't want to get my JK window looking like that. So anyone have any ideas how to put the rear window up for side windows off or the top off?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just unzip it all the way and take it out.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CherryRedJK
I had a TJ and would roll up the back window and snap the hangers around it while I had the top off or the side windows off. But after a while the rear window got scratches and looking bad, I don't want to get my JK window looking like that. So anyone have any ideas how to put the rear window up for side windows off or the top off?
I mean for the times you aren't at home to do that.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input but I have another question, if you have scratches on your windows already is there anything you can do to fix those?
Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Instead of rolling the window up, you can unzip it and let it flop down into the cargo area. It won't get scratched too much that way, unless you've got stuff back there. It's also easier and faster than rolling it up to the top.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x2 on the Cloverpatch bag. Works great and protects the windows very well.

I use a damp microfiber cloth to clean it before I put the windows in the bag. I've done it on the trail many times. Takes a few minutes, but the windows look great.

Pledge works pretty good for hiding the smaller scratches. Just don't use paper towel to wipe down the windows. You'll build up fine scratches until the widows get cloudy. Stick to clean microfiber.

Another tip is to rub paraffin wax or an old candle on the zippers. I use the wax used to seal canning jars. I rub some on the zippers then cycle the zipper to work it in. Works best if it's hot and in direct sunlight. Then the wax actually melts in a bit.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk

I used to do this on my tj and once it went out the back and started flapping all over my tire and it really got scratched then.
I always do this an its never happened to me. 4th Jeep no issues. What were you doin?
Old 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

You can roll it up with a beach towel on one side keep it from getting scrached.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks again guys
Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Grab the cloverpatch bag. .
X2.735. I love mine and feel "Nude" without it. Thankful I had it when on vacation last year. Freak downpour lasted for over an hour and surely would have been in wetsville.

Quick Reply: Soft top rear window