Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Questions

Old 06-24-2015, 04:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Questions

I'm new to the Jeep world and looking at buying a used soft top. I'm trying to determine what all is missing based off the pictures. It looks like the rear retainer clips, the roll bar bracket and hardware, and the door surround knobs. I know it has the tailgate bar and windows (they are in other pictures). Also, it looks like it has 3 rear and front door surrounds?? Also, what is the long piece that has the "U" notch in it?? Thanks in advance for the help.Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	615765Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	615766Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	615767
Old 06-24-2015, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Definitely all of the hardware, rear retainer clips, and roll bar brackets. The top looks pretty dirty too. Did the seller mention the hardware and other components in the post?
Old 06-24-2015, 10:52 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why there would be 3 rear door surrounds? And 3 front door surrounds unless something is wrong with 1 of them....

Doesn't have rear mounting brackets with mounting screws. You already mentioned the missing door surround knobs....

Have no idea what that bar is with the notch cut out of it.....
Old 06-24-2015, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a guy on YouTube that has the Jeep top video installation what it looks like is it looks like he has a third or extra surround including the straight surround that's above the driver or passenger front door also that cover that has the knotch in the middle of it looks like one of those rear cargo covers from a grand cherokee
Old 06-24-2015, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all, I've started piecing together the various hardware and brackets I will need. It was removed by a Toyota dealership by one of the service guys because the buyer only wanted the hardtop so he's not able to tell me what all I need. If anyone knows good places besides eBay, Quadratec, Etc.., please let me know.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TNrubiconx14
Thanks all, I've started piecing together the various hardware and brackets I will need. It was removed by a Toyota dealership by one of the service guys because the buyer only wanted the hardtop so he's not able to tell me what all I need. If anyone knows good places besides eBay, Quadratec, Etc.., please let me know.
You might be better off buying one from the billboard on the forum or Craigslist. That is unless you want this one and don't mind searching for the missing pieces. I picked up a nice JKU soft top from Craigslist for $400
Old 07-13-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like the knobs are missing.. just an fyi, those are $25 a piece and you need 6.. I wouldnt buy that top based on the 3 pictures you have up... 3 rear door surrounds and 3 front surrounds sounds like these are all from different vehicles..

I personally wouldnt buy it.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's always a price you're patient. I picked up a decent 2012 soft-top for my 2007 for $50 with most hardware. You should def buy this if this one is close to that price.

Others have answered the question, and you'll soon source the missing parts. If not, you can sell it on - selling this on the forum will be easy if the price is right.

Originally Posted by ACJK22
Definitely all of the hardware, rear retainer clips, and roll bar brackets.
Agreed. For hardware -- as well as the top 6 knobs you'll need bolts for the metal rollbar brackets -- they are a standard size, from any hardware store.

Last edited by westchester; 07-15-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the rear retaining clips, as well as a set of the roll bar brackets with screws for sale if you're still in need.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Questions