Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

soft top question

Old 04-23-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question soft top question

Hi all,
Finally got my 2008 Rescue Green JK. It came with the hard top on it and I put the soft top on this weekend. Pretty simple install, but I had one question. The soft top does not seem to "sandwich" correctly between the metal door frame and the plastic door frame that was installed (top right corner of drivers door). On the passenger's side it fits in there perfectly without any issues and stays there nice and tight. Is there an easy fix for this? I have tried removing the window and reinstalling. Not too much else I can think of. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it pulled all the way to the back? the window that is
Old 04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is as tight as it can be. The top was brand new and it is just starting to warm up a little bit so I am assuming it will stretch a little bit. Still, there is about 1/4 inch of space at the top right hand corner of the drivers door. BTW it is a 2 door.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will post pics tonight. I am at work now.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ah I fixed it. I had the windows in wrong. The vinyl stretched out a little more because it is warmer and I was able to insert the vinyl into the plastic door frame better. Before it was so tight when i zippered the windows it would pull the top out of the door seam. I appreciate all the help.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

DAMN! I just feel so stupid. I am great with cars too. I've installed turbos, lifted my old truck, cams, etc and a soft top fooled me. Oh well, it's my first Jeep.

Quick Reply: soft top question