Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top pivot(sunrider) bracket missing.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top pivot(sunrider) bracket missing.

I traded my hardtop for a twill soft top. It is the MOPAR one as well. I didn’t notice until after I got it home that the passenger side bracket that latch in the door surround for the sunrider part is missing. I see MOPAR offers a replacement pivot but it appears to require sitting the two frame bows. Has anyone installed this replacement part or found any other way to repair it??
Old 02-26-2020, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Am I understanding you correctly- you've got a new soft top with the sunrider feature but your frame does not appear to have the correct framework to support the feature?
Old 02-26-2020, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Am I understanding you correctly- you've got a new soft top with the sunrider feature but your frame does not appear to have the correct framework to support the feature?

it’s the correct frame however the bracket on the right side is missing. It’s the bracket that latches into the door rail
Old 02-26-2020, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It's almost a flatter triangular bracket with the hole in it? I can look through my parts and see if I've got one.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It's almost a flatter triangular bracket with the hole in it? I can look through my parts and see if I've got one.
Let me take a picture of the drivers side and I’ll shoot it to you. I know the original bracket has two screws in it.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by prestonleenc
Let me take a picture of the drivers side and I’ll shoot it to you. I know the original bracket has two screws in it.

The bracket with the half moon towards the inside

Quick Reply: Soft top pivot(sunrider) bracket missing.