Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top "parts list"

Old 03-13-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Soft top "parts list" or "Packing List"

I'm looking to see if anyone has a packing slip or a link to the exploded diagram (microfiche??) of what all comes with the JK unlimited soft top "kit". Or if someone could list out all the parts for me that would be great.

A little background: I am going to be purchasing a soft top from a member here while driving on my way home from a trip and I want to be sure that I get all the little pieces and parts to put this on my JK - I don't want to get home and in a couple of weeks try and put the thing on and find out I'm missing a bow or some bracket or something that prevents me from being able to put it on...

Last edited by bwiencek; 03-13-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

What year ? 2 or 4 door? There's about 35 parts to the 4 door
31 parts for the two door

Last edited by jelvis; 03-13-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jelvis
What year ? 2 or 4 door? There's about 35 parts to the 4 door
31 parts for the two door

Eh - I thought I said unlimited guess it was implied...

It's a 2008 4-door model - 35 parts - WOW - guess I'll be doing a heck of an inventory before leaving!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Of all the parts that are likely to be missed, the brackets that attach the soft top to the sport bar (and the bolts that go with them) top the list. Most of the other stuff is pretty obvious:
Door Frames
top & bows
screws for bows
tailgate bar & latches
windows

SV
Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you didn't buy a soft top on yours, I'm betting he's not planning on selling you the mounting brackets. I think those aren't generally part of the package when sold. Unless he's planning on never having a soft top. Generally when you buy a soft top off someone its just the softtop, the door frames and the associated screws -- again, in general. You might want to clarify from the seller if you're getting the mounting stuff.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
If you didn't buy a soft top on yours, I'm betting he's not planning on selling you the mounting brackets. I think those aren't generally part of the package when sold. Unless he's planning on never having a soft top. Generally when you buy a soft top off someone its just the softtop, the door frames and the associated screws -- again, in general. You might want to clarify from the seller if you're getting the mounting stuff.
From what I understand the mounting brackets come with the "kit" if you purchase them from Jeep. I just found out it was an '07 and he's already traded it in... He said it's complete with all mounting stuff - we'll see....

How much do those brackets cost if they're missing? I'm hoping not too awful much!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Toad - thanks for the reply - this top isn't free - that's why I'm trying to ensure that I get all the misc parts for it! Heck at $4/ea for 8 screws and $25/ea for the brackets that's about $80 worth of little parts that I'd need....
Old 03-14-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by toad
LOL! I've JUST gone thru this. I got a soft top from a member and went to put it on recently only to find that I'm missing the mounting brackets. I just think he didn't know that they needed to come with the soft top but I haven't been able to get a hold of him to see if I can get them. In any case, I contacted the dealer to see how much they were. The brackets themselves go for $25 ea. No big, there's only 2...but the screws (and there are 8 total) go for anywhere from $3.20 to $4 ea. Talk about getting screwed! LOL! Although, since the soft top WAS free, paying for the bracketry is really nothing. I had the dealer fax me a parts list for the soft top and I told him what parts I was looking for to the corresponding numbers on the sheet. Until then, I will be topless.
Bugger! I bought a soft top for my JK last year (yet to put it on) and I bet it will not include the mounting brackets etc. Didn't even think to check. Do you still have the parts list and could supply the numbers for the parts?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default missing soft top parts

I'm REALLY in need of some help with my soft top. I bought an 08 unlimited sahara w/ dual tops. So the bulk of the top was installed when I picked it up. However there were 2 boxes in the jeep itself. One was stolen from my garage. I still have the box that says "Soft Top Quarter Windows R/L. Soft Top Rear Window" Part 1He475x9ad" by Kinetex. So I went to my dealer. Parts and service department where no help at all. They told me I would have to pay the service dept per hour to remove hard top and attempt to re-install the soft top to see what I am missing. That this would cost me approx $300. The guy in parts was a total jerk when I told him I have one box that I can tell you what it is, can't you just give me a list of what is included in the top so I can make sense of what I am missing. He said he would have "no idea" how to do that. Does this sound wrong? I told them I would not pay them $300 to tell me what parts I need to order and left. Now I've been all over the net looking for some help. Does ANYONE have any idea what I am missing???? Again I have Dual top, was installed at factory and shipped with hard top over it. 2 boxes in back, one is gone.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 2dr, and the "other box" had the 2 door surrounds and 4 knobs to secure the door surrounds. I imagine it's the same for the 4dr, just extra surrounds and knobs. Not sure of part #s though.

Quick Reply: Soft top "parts list"