Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Leak

Old 09-26-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Leak

Don't know why, but the front passenger side keeps leaking when it rains and now the drivers side leaks as well. It's leaking right above where the handle is on the inside, but the seals and such on the soft top appear to be fine. Anyone else have this prob?? Any quick fixes out there? Thanks in Advance!!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Nate
Don't know why, but the front passenger side keeps leaking when it rains and now the drivers side leaks as well. It's leaking right above where the handle is on the inside, but the seals and such on the soft top appear to be fine. Anyone else have this prob?? Any quick fixes out there? Thanks in Advance!!
Buy some weather stripping and double up on that area
Old 09-26-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Doesn't rain enough here to tell but I have noticed that my soft top frame has started to make tiny holes in the top from rubbing. Really hope I don't have to fight the dealership on it.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the world of Jeep soft tops, this is a common issue. There's plenty of info on the site about it. Add some extra weather stripping, make sure the top is installed correctly and most importantly...learn to live with it.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Bjl
JK Newbie

Make sure the door surround is in the rubber insert at the very front an then add new seals ontop of the existing ones. I also added a seal all the way across the door surround just below where the top flips underneath. No more water. You can get the new seals in a 10' roll from lowes for $4 an it looks identical to the stuff jeep uses

Quick Reply: Soft Top Leak