Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top help in closed position

Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top help in closed position

Is this what the top is suppose to look like in closed position? I installed the softtop last weekend as its warm out. But the top doesnt seem like its closed all the way even though the hook clamps are closed on the inside.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine does that sometimes, just poke down the rubber seal down by running your finger along the groove.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doubleusn
Mine does that sometimes, just poke down the rubber seal down by running your finger along the groove.
Is it suppose to be that far away from the windshield?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paws

Is it suppose to be that far away from the windshield?
When it's poked down it's fine.

The top actually sits on top of the channel that is attached to the windshield frame.

The rubber channel is just a big seal/rain gutter. As long as the rubber parts you showed are poked down, you should be good to go.

The stuff poking up goes away when you ensure you clip the top when it's level and straight and after you clean the seals. Dust/dirt makes it catch up on mine.

Mine works that way, and has never leaked.

Good luck
Old 01-24-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2008fx4
thats how mine fits on my 2011 as well. another interesting thing i thought is that the soft top just sits on top of the door molding pieces. it in no way attaches or clips on in any fashion. just held against it by pressure.
Yeah mine is a 2010 and uses the new cable system instead of the clip system. I like the cable system, but wish Mopar would make a sunbonnet for the new design. The current ones are no surrounds or old clip surrounds only.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this what the top is suppose to look like in closed position? I installed the softtop last weekend as its warm out. But the top doesnt seem like its closed all the way even though the hook clamps are closed on the inside.
Hey there is a cable running under the channel.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nlam2001
Hey there is a cable running under the channel.
??? Theres a cable running along the front where it clamps? I dont think ive seen that.

Although there are cables running along the left and right side of the soft top. From what I understand this is what jeep went to in the 2010 models to replace the pull over and snap soft top above all the doors.

Im just concerned about the front but I will try and tuck the rubber gasken in like another users stated.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

No matter what you do... Your better off than your neighbor with the hummer over there (2nd pic).

Good luck... I'll be trying my soft top when winter breaks here...
Old 01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phantomandy
No matter what you do... Your better off than your neighbor with the hummer over there (2nd pic).

Good luck... I'll be trying my soft top when winter breaks here...
He did say he wanted to go wheeling some time . That thing is fugly and the wifes car.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

??? Theres a cable running along the front where it clamps? I dont think ive seen that.

Although there are cables running along the left and right side of the soft top. From what I understand this is what jeep went to in the 2010 models to replace the pull over and snap soft top above all the doors.

Im just concerned about the front but I will try and tuck the rubber gasken in like another users stated.

Thanks!
FWIW: The cable terminates in the header on mine, it does not go along the front (2010).

Quick Reply: Soft Top help in closed position