Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Header Whistle Fix Coming From Jeep

Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has the Mopar soft top, and he has the same problem.

I have the Bestop Supertop, and, I have also the same f... problem
Old 09-16-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onvacation
Yuh just need to be patient, chasing down jeep problems is a full time job. I've been busy, I'll get to it. Hear this, "there is no part number yet unless they have come up with one in the last few days" AND I ain't gonna be the one following up to see if there is one yet or when it does come out. I'll get you a pic, and I have said what my repair order said. Some of you people need to putt and keep more pressure on your dealers and go up the chain if you have to, instead of always wanting someone else to do the work for you. STAY on-em if they don't give you the results or answers you need. ANY dealer could and can get ahold of the rite contact which they do have and find out that in fact this header is out there and will be available. The only way I got it was to do exactly what I have just described to you, be thankful, I was one of you all who wasn't accepting the top the way it was, because that's the only way we get a better one in the end. SO it's because of others like myself that will help bring about a situation where you will be able to just walk in with the problem and have a method already in place to take care of it. Ya, I'm giving yuh a little crap, but all in fun. All I'm tryin to do is help you guys out like many have helped me out on here as well. COOL?
Not cool Your the one on here braggin about getting the new header, some of us just wanna see it. Don't think your the only one to go in and push for problems on these JK's to be fixed " where you will be able to just walk in with the problem and have a method....." Cruise the forums and see for yourself how many people on here are looking out for theirself and others. I don't even have a prob with my header, but this could help alot of people out. The people you claim want to just walk in and already have their probs fixed probably don't even look at this forum. Don't wanna get in a pissin match, just was hopin for some pics,that's all.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Jedi

I have a new header in at the dealership..going on monday to get it put in. I'll get the part number if you haven't got it by then.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let's hear it for Jack! A swell fellow even if he is a 'pokes fan.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
My friend has the Mopar soft top, and he has the same problem.

I have the Bestop Supertop, and, I have also the same f... problem
I thought Bestop made the Mopar top???
Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I thought Bestop made the Mopar top???
Exactly, but the Bestop hardware is different, and the door frames are made of metal (not plastic like Mopar)
Old 09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you take it into the shop before the warranty is up and they are not able to resolve the issue it will be a preexisting issue prior to the expiration and they have to honor it regardless how many miles are on it..
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by onvacation
Yuh just need to be patient, chasing down jeep problems is a full time job. I've been busy, I'll get to it. Hear this, "there is no part number yet unless they have come up with one in the last few days" AND I ain't gonna be the one following up to see if there is one yet or when it does come out. I'll get you a pic, and I have said what my repair order said. Some of you people need to putt and keep more pressure on your dealers and go up the chain if you have to, instead of always wanting someone else to do the work for you. STAY on-em if they don't give you the results or answers you need. ANY dealer could and can get ahold of the rite contact which they do have and find out that in fact this header is out there and will be available. The only way I got it was to do exactly what I have just described to you, be thankful, I was one of you all who wasn't accepting the top the way it was, because that's the only way we get a better one in the end. SO it's because of others like myself that will help bring about a situation where you will be able to just walk in with the problem and have a method already in place to take care of it. Ya, I'm giving yuh a little crap, but all in fun. All I'm tryin to do is help you guys out like many have helped me out on here as well. COOL?

Hey bud - sent you a PM - I'd be happy to do all the leg work if you'd be kind enough to tell me (us) the name and city of the dealer that installed the newly designed header. My dealer here in Scottsdale spent the day calling around; even called Corporate and got nowhere. Everyone they spoke to knows nothing of the new parts; not saying they don't exist - just no one knows anything. Can you at least provide me with your dealers name and city located? I'd be happy to call them and find-out the rest. Thanks in advance, bud!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

I'm thinking if they show it to you or give the part number, then they'll have to kill you
Old 09-16-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted my dealer,...nothing yet.

Fingers are crossed.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Header Whistle Fix Coming From Jeep