Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Fasteners

Old 07-13-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Fasteners

Here's another heads up for the soft top crowd. I've had 2 screws fall outof the soft top frame in the last month. I believe they are called shoulder screws. Looks to be the same type all over. I've been lucky to have them drop inside the Jeep. They run about 4 buck at the dealership. It only takes a few minutes to run around with a torx wrench & snug them up a bit. I checked them while gassing up. All of them were loose enough to snug "two finger tight" on a small 1/4" drive. I hit 2 that spun freely a full turn or so.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I replaced mine with some thumbscrews I got off of eBay. They were $7.95 shipped and have worked great. I've had them in for about 4 months.

Just checked, there is another set from the same seller I purchased from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Soft-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by russredx; 07-13-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Might be worth me getting a set of these. That is one of the locations where one fell out. The other on e fell out where the frame is folded in half in sunrider mode.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default Just Ordered a Set

You can't really use a duster unless you get something like these...much less expensive than the spring-loaded ones from Bestop...just ordered a set...thanks for the tip!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

I have a DC rep coming to look at my top next Thursday because the forward passenger side part of the top is raised higher than the drivers side and makes extra wind noise. Also Those stupid plastic back window bar holders come off every time the tops tabs are in place.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by russredx
I replaced mine with some thumbscrews I got off of eBay. They were $7.95 shipped and have worked great. I've had them in for about 4 months.

Just checked, there is another set from the same seller I purchased from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Soft-...QQcmdZViewItem
I bought a set of those screws.. and couldn't get them to thread worth a sh*t... Their not tapered like the torx that come with the softop..

I haven't had a problem with mine falling out or loosening up.

I imagine the problems some are seeing are related to the man on the assembly line that was having a bad day drilling and threading the holes..!!

Quick Reply: Soft Top Fasteners