Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top bracket help

Old 07-12-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top bracket help

One of the attachments for the soft top bracket (the one that latches onto the windshield rail and you clamp it down to snug the top) busted on one side of the bracket (the part that both the latch "c" curve and the bracket handle attach to the bracket itself). Outside of spending the $60 to get a new one, is there an easy way to fix this or a workaround? Right now I have a brad-nail in the hold but it's not as secure as it should be and the roof whistles something fierce...

Thanx!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KrasnayaZnamya
One of the attachments for the soft top bracket (the one that latches onto the windshield rail and you clamp it down to snug the top) busted on one side of the bracket (the part that both the latch "c" curve and the bracket handle attach to the bracket itself). Outside of spending the $60 to get a new one, is there an easy way to fix this or a workaround? Right now I have a brad-nail in the hold but it's not as secure as it should be and the roof whistles something fierce...

Thanx!!!
Do you have any warranty left on your 07?
Mine is an 08 and it broke about a month ago (right side), took it to the dealer and had it replaced under warranty. Don't know what to use to fix it as it has a press fitting holding it in place.
Hope this helps
Reg

Quick Reply: Soft top bracket help