Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

soft top bouncing

Old 07-03-2015, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	616857
Old 07-03-2015, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

But if you are disconnecting the soft top completly from the roll bar id suggest trying it with it hooked up, it give everything a leverage point so that all the weight holds the back down and i never have issues with mine. Anytime ive ever removed my top completly i tossed it in the garage so ive never noticed if it bounces but id assume it would since it wouldnt be anchored.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stinkfoot
Hmm that pic looks strange to me, are you disconnecting your top from the roll bar mounting points?

And your bars dont seem to have the extra joint mine do

Yea those guys are great, they will make anything you need and for work ive sometimes needed some really strange buckles haha
My top comes off just like in this video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNcB7lu-qM&index=2&list=PLqGhBs7ca6-rdYoSLW98vZReCPT849ttT
Old 07-03-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Oh ok its a 4 door. I run a 2 door no not surprised theres differences. Id reccomend just grabbing some better straps off the site i linked in whatever color and size gives you peace of mind then. Sorry about the confusion since apparently the 4 doors dont have the sliding lock collars
Old 07-03-2015, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Oh ok its a 4 door. I run a 2 door no not surprised theres differences. Id reccomend just grabbing some better straps off the site i linked in whatever color and size gives you peace of mind then. Sorry about the confusion since apparently the 4 doors dont have the sliding lock collars
Well that's good I thought I was missing something I should have had. Took a quick look at the strap site but don't see what I want. Just longer Velcro straps like what came with it. Looks like the only Velcro straps they have are the two separate pieces.
Thanks for helping me.

Terri
Old 07-03-2015, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tweezybird
Well that's good I thought I was missing something I should have had. Took a quick look at the strap site but don't see what I want. Just longer Velcro straps like what came with it. Looks like the only Velcro straps they have are the two separate pieces.
Thanks for helping me.

Terri
Terri, I have a 2 door but watched the video you posted and see what you did wrong. The Velcro straps need to go through the top rail of the tub and around the first bow of the top. You used them to attach the two bows together without anchoring them to the rail. Watch the video again starting at 4:44.

I marked your pic where the strap should go...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	st (Medium).png
Views:	327
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	616878  

Last edited by 14Sport; 07-03-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

They have the two piece or the one wrap, the one wrap stuff is the two piece back to back

Velcro Hook & Loop at Strapworks.com
Old 07-06-2015, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Terri, I have a 2 door but watched the video you posted and see what you did wrong. The Velcro straps need to go through the top rail of the tub and around the first bow of the top. You used them to attach the two bows together without anchoring them to the rail. Watch the video again starting at 4:44.

I marked your pic where the strap should go...

Thanks! I changed it up but I'm still gonna get longer straps so I can tie the bars that are higher up down tightly.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

They have the two piece or the one wrap, the one wrap stuff is the two piece back to back

Velcro Hook & Loop at Strapworks.com
Thanks for all your help, now get out there and Jeep!!!

Quick Reply: soft top bouncing