Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

soft top bouncing

Old 07-03-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft top bouncing

Got my top down for the summer(2013 JK)
and cinched down the soft top from the hole in the top of the tub up and over the first two bars. That's as much as I could do because the factory Velcro straps are only 12 or so inches long. I just don't feel comfortable at higher speeds because the top keeps bouncing up and down. I'm afraid the wind is going to catch it while I'm driving. I have looked everywhere for longer straps, the only ones I can find are the ones with metal winching ends and I don't want that near my top. any ideas?

thanks
Terri
Old 07-03-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

I cant say ive ever noticed my soft top bouncing and i run with it down for 1/2 the year. Are you leaving it loose or do you slide the lock tubes back in place after the top is down?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have a problem with my SuperTop but I know they do make boots for the tops when folded. Also protects them from the sun I believe.

Soft Top Boot - 82213863 | Mopar
Old 07-03-2015, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

I like the boot covers but to me thats just one more thing to store. I use these for work for ladders and stuff so they might work if this is the kind of thing your asking about

https://www.strapworks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=757
Old 07-03-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2089.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	616853
Originally Posted by Stinkfoot
I cant say ive ever noticed my soft top bouncing and i run with it down for 1/2 the year. Are you leaving it loose or do you slide the lock tubes back in place after the top is down?
Boy I hate to sound stupid but I've never heard of the lock tubes. I don't remember seeing anything about that on the CD that came with the Jeep. Do you have pics? Would you mind helping me out with this?
Thanks
Terri

Last edited by tweezybird; 07-03-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the boot covers but to me thats just one more thing to store. I use these for work for ladders and stuff so they might work if this is the kind of thing your asking about

https://www.strapworks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=757
I don't want to hijack this thread but that is an awesome site, stinky. I find with my JK I'm always looking for specific length, color, and buckles for strapping and now I have a place to get them. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

I added a pic of how it sits now with the strap.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Theyre the plastic tubes you slide in place when the top is up fully and slide back to allow you to use the sunroof portion only. Il go take a picture now and post if you want
Old 07-03-2015, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Theyre the plastic tubes you slide in place when the top is up fully and slide back to allow you to use the sunroof portion only. Il go take a picture now and post if you want
I would appreciate that. I don't think my Jeep came with those tubes.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Hmm that pic looks strange to me, are you disconnecting your top from the roll bar mounting points?

And your bars dont seem to have the extra joint mine do

Yea those guys are great, they will make anything you need and for work ive sometimes needed some really strange buckles haha

Quick Reply: soft top bouncing