Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top boot

Old 05-15-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiskyPirate
I've had the Smittybilt boot since last summer and it works fine. You should be able to find it for right around $40 or so pretty much anywhere. I use it mainly to keep the interior of the top clean if I have it down for a few days straight or have it down while I'm out wheeling. Also works for the winter time to keep it bundleled together when I make the hard top switch.
I've been looking at the Smittybilt and the Rugged Ridge. Does the Smittybilt seem to be made well?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the smittybilt and I am very happy with it. Material is tough, good zipper, and it looks great. Have not seen the RR, so can't speak for that.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the smitybilt boot and it's ok. The first time I put it on one of the pull straps ripped off. And some of the stiching is comming loose
Old 05-19-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im in the market for one of these also mainly to keep the softtop secured down when wheelin. I had to use some straps to hold my soft top down last summer in the dunes to keep it from flopping around and thought this would be a good fit

interested in feedback from other people with these on which one seems to hold up the best and easiest to put on???????????
Old 05-19-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Bestop cover, it's very nice, heavy duty, like others have said, has plastic tabs to secure under the rails the soft top itself uses. My only problem is I have the Bestop flex-a-trunk thinger installed as well which prevents my soft top from folding way down into the back so I can't actually get the boot to slip into the channels on both sides, one or the other only. No big deal, it still serves the purpose of keeping the top itself in good shape while down. As I keep it down nearly 4 straight months at a time, I dig it.
I also keep a trail cover in the back to throw over the Jeep in a pinch if a shower is in the forecast, as I have the doors off most of the time too.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Hope that this model is better than the crappy OEM model
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Here is a photo of my Smittybilt soft top boot I had modified to fit with my Tuffy trunk.
I had to have extra material added to the boot so it would fit above the lid of the trunk.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	197860

Last edited by Fox3; 09-03-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Soft top boot