Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top boot

Old 05-05-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top boot

Looking for a soft top boot similar to the one pictured below. In essence, I want a boot that is nothing more than just a sleeve that covers the soft top rather than the one (mopar) that also attaches the boot to the jeep via the plastic lips along the retainer channel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
Looking for a soft top boot similar to the one pictured below. In essence, I want a boot that is nothing more than just a sleeve that covers the soft top rather than the one (mopar) that also attaches the boot to the jeep via the plastic lips along the retainer channel.

Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure. I have never been in the market for one but anyone who makes boat covers or does upholstery can prob make one for you pretty cheap. Its basically the same sleeve that covers a pontoon boat roof when its folded up
Old 05-05-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tracker
Not sure. I have never been in the market for one but anyone who makes boat covers or does upholstery can prob make one for you pretty cheap. Its basically the same sleeve that covers a pontoon boat roof when its folded up
Good idea. Considering I'm a boat owner, I should have thought of that....
Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rampage makes a really nice one that I've been considering. It even snaps into the belt rail. You can find it at 4wd or Quadratec.

Last edited by Tavic; 05-06-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rampage one, It's pretty convenient and looks good too BUT! the first day I put it on, one of the pull tabs ripped off the cover which led to the stitching coming undone from the plastic strips that slide into the slots like soft tops.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I've had the Smittybilt boot since last summer and it works fine. You should be able to find it for right around $40 or so pretty much anywhere. I use it mainly to keep the interior of the top clean if I have it down for a few days straight or have it down while I'm out wheeling. Also works for the winter time to keep it bundleled together when I make the hard top switch.

Last edited by WhiskyPirate; 05-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiskyPirate
I've had the Smittybilt boot since last summer and it works fine. You should be able to find it for right around $40 or so pretty much anywhere. I use it mainly to keep the interior of the top clean if I have it down for a few days straight or have it down while I'm out wheeling. Also works for the winter time to keep it bundleled together when I make the hard top switch.
Thanks.

I have the same one but I've since bought a BesTop deck cover, which also attaches the the rails the same way the soft top boot does. As such, I can't attach both. I just want a simple soft top boot that covers the soft top as pictured in my first post...
Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the one in the picture also. Brand?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had a boot for my TJ but would never get another. Too much of a hassle to stuff the top in there every time. Maybe they would be ok in a place that never rains....but then again why not just take the top off completely in that case? If the top is folded down properly it actually looks pretty good, thats my 2 cents.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geoffcwilson
Had a boot for my TJ but would never get another. Too much of a hassle to stuff the top in there every time. Maybe they would be ok in a place that never rains....but then again why not just take the top off completely in that case? If the top is folded down properly it actually looks pretty good, thats my 2 cents.
Only reason I don't take it off completely is we get T-Storms here almost every afternoon. Just need a simple boot to keep the soft top covered, and the ones currently being offered aren't compatible with the Bestop deck cover...

Quick Reply: Soft top boot