Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top

Old 04-06-2014, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top

Just traded my jeep in for a rubicon with a hard top. Looking to buy a mopar top or a best top. I had a factory top on my Sahara. Never leaked. Mopar tops are a little more money. One of the stores has a promo going on now for 20% off for a best top. I don't know if I should spend the extra cash and go with a mopar top or save some and take my chances on the best top. I feel like I am on a deadline cause of the sale.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was up to me, I'd go with the trektop nx. Saves you even more cash and looks cool. I'm tempted to do something similar with my next jeep.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about the trek top but can you take the top part off if your not at home? I have read that it's not exactly easy to do if your not at home. I'd like to be out and say "oh what a beautiful day. Let's go topless!" Know what I am saying? Am I wrong?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bestop makes the Mopar top. If you want quality and the ability to flip up and down quickly, the supertop is your top.

The trektop is for those of us that like running a safari top that actually fits and seals out rain. It's not meant to go on and off completely, although it can, just not as easy as a traditional soft top with bow hardware.

Quick Reply: Soft top