Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

snapped my brake line

Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default snapped my brake line

ok--from the past half dozen threads of mine, you can see i have a brake issue. i snapped the hard metal line up at rausch yesterday..

questions:
do i need to replace the entire thing at the dealer? if so, how hard is that to replace?

how far into the frame does that line go?(connectin to the brake cylinder side)

or can i just splice it on with a flangne nut and attach back to caliper?

thanks
steve
Old 11-07-2010, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by stevedolce
ok--from the past half dozen threads of mine, you can see i have a brake issue. i snapped the hard metal line up at rausch yesterday..

questions:
do i need to replace the entire thing at the dealer? if so, how hard is that to replace?

how far into the frame does that line go?(connectin to the brake cylinder side)

or can i just splice it on with a flangne nut and attach back to caliper?

thanks
steve
I could be wrong, But I think there is a quick dis-connect along the side near the tire on the chasis itself, where it goes from a rubber hose into the aluminium tubing. If I remember correctly, you can get the part from the dealer. Should not be too costly. You will have to re-bleed the brake system. If I am wrong , I am sure someone will say other wise,,,lol

SLIM_SNOOPY

Quick Reply: snapped my brake line