Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Small amount of oil on Rubi shocks

Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I would spray it with some brake cleaner to make sure it is all washed out and see if it comes back. I bought a set of new take offs and it was obvious they were low miles and mine did the same thing but once cleaned never came back. I wonder if it is a result of shipping as they get turned every which way. I have had mine on for about 4000 miles now and work great. They should be fairly hard to compress and should rebound from being compressed on thier own.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I would spray it with some brake cleaner to make sure it is all washed out and see if it comes back. I bought a set of new take offs and it was obvious they were low miles and mine did the same thing but once cleaned never came back. I wonder if it is a result of shipping as they get turned every which way. I have had mine on for about 4000 miles now and work great. They should be fairly hard to compress and should rebound from being compressed on thier own.
I will give this a try, Thank you. Good to know yours are still going strong.

Quick Reply: Small amount of oil on Rubi shocks