Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

slave cylinder tips

Old 01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave cylinder tips

going to install my slave cylinder in my jk any video or tips out there
Old 01-27-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't done it myself but from reading previous write-ups here it's a very simple proceedure except that there is one thing you need to be very careful of.

When you remove one of the fluid lines (I'm pretty sure it's the one that runs from the slave cylinder to the bellhousing and not the one from the brake fluid reservoir to the slave cylinder) there is a tiny little o-ring that often falls out and bounces somewhere out of sight in the engine bay or under the Jeep. If you reassemble the line without the o-ring it will leak fluid.

The main problem here is that this little o-ring is not available for seperate sale (either from Chrysler or elsewhere as it is a non-standard size), nor is it included with the replacement slave cylinder you have bought so if you loose this tiny little 20 cent o-ring you then need to purchase the entire assembly with all the lines.

I'm sure others who have done the install will chime in here and confirm this.

Last edited by JKlad; 01-27-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up,knowing my luck thats what i would have lost

Quick Reply: slave cylinder tips