Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Slave cylinder fun

Old 02-05-2020, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slave cylinder fun

So this evening while changing my old slave out I noticed the end plastic cap came off and dropped into the bell housing. So I thought well I’ll put the new one on and take it right over to my local transmission guy only to have the new one also drop off (due to my frustration with the rubber gasket not seating so I may have cursed and forced) into the housing..... I’m assuming now my inly
option is tow truck to transmission shop. Any one else also go thru this? How bad is it going to hurt financially?
Old 02-06-2020, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That doesn't sound fun! No experience with this myself just want to say good luck and hopefully it is a quick and cheap fix!
Old 02-06-2020, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

They might be able to fish it out if they've got a tool to drop in there and grab it. If that's the case, it could be very cheap to do. If they have to open the transmission then it could be more work as you've got to pull both driveshafts, transmission crossmember, transfer case skid, and such to get the transmission out.

I've not done it personally but I wonder if they could remove the rear ds, remove one end of the front, pull the trans crossmember, and then slide it back just enough to fish out the pieces. I don't recall the inspection cover being of any use for getting in there for small things like that.

Quick Reply: Slave cylinder fun