Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Side Marker Lights Suddenly Not Working

Old 09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Marker Lights Suddenly Not Working

I've done some searching, but I can't find anything on this. I just noticed the other night that my stock side market lights aren't working. I turn on the headlights and fogs, and all lights go on except both side marker lights. Neither light has been submerged in water, so I don't really know what's happened. About two months ago, I did install the Rugged Ridge light guards, but that simply mounts between the fender and lens, so it shouldn't affect illumination.

Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

crazy thought. but could the bulbs be shot?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just trouble shoot it. Loose wire? Fuse? Its common to have both bulbs out also.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any idea how to tell if the bulbs themselves are shot? They're sort of weird looking bulbs (shapewise).

Could they burn out if I touched the bulbs while putting in the grille guards? (had to remove the bulbs in order to reinstall them).

How do I test the wiring? Just move it around?

I'm electrically inept.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a multimeter see if their is power to the socket. Should be 12 vdc
Old 09-12-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, I took the bulbs out, both black and have filament pieces rattling around.

So, two questions:

1. Did they blow because I touched them with my fingers when I removed them a few months ago to install my light guards? (I do recall touching the bulbs with bare skin) Could there be a bigger issue I should check out?

2. Anyone have a part number or something for these bulbs so I know which ones to pick up to replace them?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by curtise
Alright, I took the bulbs out, both black and have filament pieces rattling around.

So, two questions:

1. Did they blow because I touched them with my fingers when I removed them a few months ago to install my light guards? (I do recall touching the bulbs with bare skin) Could there be a bigger issue I should check out?

2. Anyone have a part number or something for these bulbs so I know which ones to pick up to replace them?
Did you tap on the marker lights too hard? You should be able to take the bulbs to the automotive store near you and have them match them up for ya.

Quick Reply: Side Marker Lights Suddenly Not Working