Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Shifter Took a dump

Old 03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter Took a dump

Well I finally have my 1st problem, at 33k mi the auto's floor shifter took a dump. I got in ready to go to work and the shifter would move out of park, just not the transmission. I check underneath and everything was still attached, I just reached up and shifted it to neutral so the tow truck could pull it up on the bed. I called AAA for a tow and had it taken to the dealer. They called back later that day the shifter is electronic rather than manual like the old days. They ordered a new shifter assembly which will take 3-4 days to arrive. Are we suppose to get a car to drive when they go in for warranty?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you only get the rental if you purchased the "extended warranty"

i argued and got a rental when i went in for the clutch TSB at 3k miles. i only got the rental cause they shipped me an essentially defective vehicle.

good luck

Quick Reply: Shifter Took a dump