Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Severe Engine Power Loss at Altitude?

Old 03-08-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Desert Crawler
So how is is going from 4,400 ft to 8,900 ft not a 4,500 ft elevation gain? You told me that was not possible within hours of my house. And for the record, I never claimed to be an engineer or called you any names.
look. You said your daily commute was a 4,000' elevation change. I simply indicated you aren't commuting for that amount of change within your commute. Read through the sarcasm of suggesting you are commuting from the river basin. F*** sake man, you admitted your calculations are off. Let it rest. And I never said you called me anything. Again, your like a little girl, reading through the lines. If you can't handle a challenging debate, pack up your little tid bits and roll on home. No room anywhere for soft feelings. Me? I don't take offense. I read your statement for face value. Next time, articulate a little more. I know you have the ability. Being a PT and all, documentation is your life.

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 03-08-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RoysRig
So with that calculation method, if I did 9,000 jumping jacks at an avg of 1 foot in the air, I then can say I had 18,000 feet worth of elevation change?
absolutely, in this sand box. Yes. Better yet, do 30,000. That way we can say you climbed higher than Everest. Baaahahahaha!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So explain to me how many feet I climb when I drive from 4,400 ft to 8,900 ft? I can loan you a crayon if you need one. And if you REALLY read my statement for face value we wouldn't be having this conversation. When you are on top of a mountain and travel downhill that is an elevation CHANGE.

Last edited by Desert Crawler; 03-08-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Desert Crawler
So explain to me how many feet I climb when I drive from 4,400 ft to 8,900 ft? I can loan you a crayon if you need one. And if you REALLY read my statement for face value we wouldn't be having this conversation. When you are on top of a mountain and travel downhill that is an elevation CHANGE.
we have lost focus on elevation and power loss. That indicates climbing. I'm done. Have your last word, make it a good one. You have not impressed me yet.

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 03-08-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Severe Engine Power Loss at Altitude?