Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Service Manual on CD - printing

Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not just buy the paper manuals from Jeep?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Why not just buy the paper manuals from Jeep?

CD = $120

Paper Manual = $325

that'd be my reason.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
CD = $120

Paper Manual = $325

that'd be my reason.
Well, that's like saying a Jeep costs 25-33K but a used Samuri costs 1-5K. Just doesn't make sense to me. Our Jeeps weren't cheap so why cheap out on other stuff if it's really what you'd rather have? GOOD books never were cheap.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Jedi

This has all been discussed in length in th electronics section. See the electronics FAQ for more information on purchasing the manual.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Eternal ***erator

Well, that's like saying a Jeep costs 25-33K but a used Samuri costs 1-5K. Just doesn't make sense to me. Our Jeeps weren't cheap so why cheap out on other stuff if it's really what you'd rather have? GOOD books never were cheap.
If you are happy with the price, then it would be a good investment for you.

However, I am of the mindset with others as stated above that i would have more use for a readilly searchable electronic version, that i can just print the pages i need from. I have been waiting for them to get a better one up, until then, i'll wait. The paper one doesnt help me.

And as Jack said (and i did earlier) there are a lot of threads on this already, especially in the search/print ideas range.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi

EVERYTHING has been discussed somewhere on here. This site has the most dupe threads I've ever seen. That doesn't stop anybody from posting another one, though.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Eternal ***erator

EVERYTHING has been discussed somewhere on here. This site has the most dupe threads I've ever seen. That doesn't stop anybody from posting another one, though.

And we leave them as such to help people find them when searching for info. Nobody was beating the search button war drums, just pointed out that there where existing & lengthy threads on this very topic.

i think the OP's question was valid. If i can get it printed for less than the $200 bucks price difference, then why not? I would.
Then i could use the leftovers to put towards more little projects for the thing. Or Gin & Hoo...... uhm Jeep parts, yeah, that's it.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 05-30-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
And we leave them as such to help people find them when searching for info. Nobody was beating the search button war drums, just pointed out that there where existing & lengthy threads on this very topic.

I hear ya.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

The paper manual consists of 4 volumes. Stacked up, they measure 6.5" high. Good luck getting it printed cheaper than the factory $320.
I like both the CD and the paper manuals. Each has its advantages.
No CD search, but the index on the side is easy to use. It just takes a few clicks to get to what you want. Even so, I wish it had a search function.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The paper manual consists of 4 volumes. Stacked up, they measure 6.5" high. Good luck getting it printed cheaper than the factory $320.
I like both the CD and the paper manuals. Each has its advantages.
No CD search, but the index on the side is easy to use. It just takes a few clicks to get to what you want. Even so, I wish it had a search function.
Are you running IE7?

~curious if they fixed that yet.

Quick Reply: Service Manual on CD - printing