Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seatglovers seat covers

Old 01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Seatglovers seat covers

Ordered a set of these for my front seats and rear bench 11 Dec 07. Despite claim of instock and immeadiate shipment I received order over a month later. Install of front seats went well, nice look and fit. Rear seat bottom and headrest cover fit was great. Problem came with rear seat back. I have a 07 2 door X. The spacing from center to center on the rear headrest post is 3.5 inches. Covers had a 5.5 inch holes for the headrests. Was told by seat glovers they got there template direct from Chrysler and that this was the 1st time anyone mentioned this problem. They told me to just strch the material to make it work., not an option. Sent them photos to prove I do not have a custom made jeep. Anyone else had this problem when ordering covers for the rear seat of a 2 door X?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

what color?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry to hear about your problem... when i got mine i had a problem of the seat covers having cheap stich jobs... they were splitting at the seams.

i guess seatgloves only get the bad batches from coveking....

i guess you get what you payfor eh?

seatglovers were however very helpful when i had to send one back... infact they sent me a new passenger side seat back cover and didnt even what the one they sent me with a hole in it.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fshgrind
what color?
What does the color have to do with anything?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
What does the color have to do with anything?
Tryin to get his post count up I guess.

Seat covers are on my list, if I have any problems I'll post it here.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone got any pics of the jeep with them on preferably with the gray and black ones?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered my Seat Glovers last Tuesday and received them on Friday. So obviously no complaints there.

The back seat headrest holes are indeed miss-aligned. The outside hold on both head rests is about two inches off.

I had to cut new holes with a razor knife so I could get the head rests on. The original hole is not covered by the head rest, so it shows. See attached pictures.

My other complaint is that there are no instructions. Granted you don't have to be a rocket scientist to put these on, but a simple explanation of which bottom part is for the drivers side, and which is for the passenger side would help. I was not sure where to connect the side clips. After I found the instructions on the JK-project I figured out I had them wrong.

Also notice in the pictures the side of the head rest has a little pouch sticking out. Both sides on both back headrests have these pouches sticking out. It looks a little funky. The drivers head rests don't do this. I think I will have to stick some double sided tape on the inside to pull it in.

All that being said, I like them and am happy with them. I like the look and feel. I would still recommend them, but would also consider alternates if I was doing it again based on the above comments.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the kinda stuff that would make me go ballistic. There's no excuse for this kinda poor quality fit and finish. I'd lose it, fly across the country, beat some ass and end up in JAIL.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackX3
anyone got any pics of the jeep with them on preferably with the gray and black ones?
Here you go:

Old 03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKJase
Here you go:

How did you get those witht he JK symbol on them? That's freakin Awesome

Quick Reply: Seatglovers seat covers