Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seatbelt flapping with doors off and top down.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hs106
Go to Home Depot and buy the felt stickers that go under chair legs. They have them as large as 3 inches in diameter. Stick one to the plastic a few inches above where the seat belt comes out of the roller. Fixed!
Thats the most innovative idea I've heard on this topic....I never thought to soften the flap against the plastic.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

velcro straps around the rear angled bars, and around the plastic interior beams on the front did the trick for me.. no flapping
Old 05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I stuff a jacket or a windbreaker between the seat and door frame. Works great.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
JK Newbie

Buckling the belts is probably the cheapest and most expedient option. I usually buckle my rear belts and then take the top over the headrest. The front passenger seems to do just fine buckled also.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by txjeeplover
Originally Posted by JK-KJ
Go to wal-mart and buy a set of those cheap seat belt pads...you know, the ones that keep the seat belt from scratching your neck. Place them around the belt that retracts down into the floor, not the part of the belt that you actually pull out. Flapping gone, and only costs a few bucks.
X2! I did this trick right after I took my doors off for the first time. Works great, plus it's cheap, and easy.
x3! Got a pair seat belt pads at the 99 cent store. Cheap, easy solution. Works great.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

I bought about 10ft of that hook and loop(VELCRO SYSTEM) and cut about eight pieces and took them around the roll bar where the seat belts connect, spread them out about 6 Inches and strap the seat belts in.. Keeps the flapping down and looks like it came from the factory that way. Haven't had problems since.. If that doesn't work I saw a lady with an old CJ tie hers down with pink bandanas... Real cute.. HA HA
Old 07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

What I did I got from a post I saw on here about a month ago. I cut some 3 in webbing to fit around the door post. I used some from an old computerbag I had lying arround.

Melted the ends together to make it thicker and stop the fraying. Just stick them around the pust and stick the ends inbetween the plastic and the metal. It holds the belt against the post and doesn't hinder the movement of the belt.

and
Old 07-29-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Thats the most innovative idea I've heard on this topic....I never thought to soften the flap against the plastic.
I did this and it worked so good I completely forgot there was ever an issue in the first place.

Basically you buy a set of those plastic cups with the felt feet on them and fill the cup side to the top with hot glue. I found using a can of "compressed air" (Tetraflouroethaline) used upside down expedites the curring process. I then used some double sticky 3M tape and stuck them to the plastic molding under the seat belt. Problem solved.

Check the write ups section.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I did. Cheap, easy, free, effective.

The 'No More Seat Belt Flap' Mod
Old 07-29-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

I bungee them...

Quick Reply: Seatbelt flapping with doors off and top down.