Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

seat belt locking up?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belt locking up?

hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem, but no matter what I do, my passenger seat belt locks up after you pull it an inch or two... I've tried doing it with the break on, break off, everything I can think of and nothing is working... Has anyone had this problem? Or know why it's happening???
Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

I dont know if the jeep does this, but I have had cars before that once the belt locks up, I had tom make sure the belt went back in COMPLETELY to reset. Sometimes they seemed to be back in, but I could knida push it back in a lil more and was good to go.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dont use them it's an EZ fix.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

My two back seat belts do the same thing. It sucks for the passengers.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default yo

Originally Posted by KSSW
hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem, but no matter what I do, my passenger seat belt locks up after you pull it an inch or two... I've tried doing it with the break on, break off, everything I can think of and nothing is working... Has anyone had this problem? Or know why it's happening???
I had this happen a couple weeks ago on mine. What caused it was that when it was retracting the material got twisted. I fixed it by repeatedly pulling it out slowly and straightening out the belt. A buddy also had it happen to him and he said he took apart the seat belt and straightened it out.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

my fiat wrangler does it to
Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spray a little silicon lube in there and that usually does it for me. i make that a regular thing when I change oil and grease the suspension. Ever since I started doing that, I have no more problems locking up. But on the Florida coast, the salt air reeks havoc

Quick Reply: seat belt locking up?