Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat belt location different on both sides?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat belt location different on both sides?

Does anyone know why the seatbelt on the pass side of my 2 door jk is attached to the seat while the drivers side is attached at the dooe frame. It doesent make sense that the seatbelt is in the way for back passangers to get in on the passanger side.? Can the passanger side be moved to the same location (on opposite side) as the drivers seatbelt?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

The reason is for the fold forward seat and the rear passengers not to get choked by the seatbelt.

If you move the lower seat belt attachment to the floor on the front seat bolt then it improves the entry to the rear for the passengers. Does not cause a safety concern
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Thats what im saying. The passanger side is the side made for the rear passangers to enter but the seatbelt is in the way. My daughter constantly gets tangled in it. Is there a floor bolt hole to use to attach the bottem of the passanger seatbelt?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stkman252
Thats what im saying. The passanger side is the side made for the rear passangers to enter but the seatbelt is in the way. My daughter constantly gets tangled in it. Is there a floor bolt hole to use to attach the bottem of the passanger seatbelt?
Yes, that is what I was refering to. The rear seat bolt on the floor can be used, it is on super tight so use an impact gun to remove it and reinstall it. This gets the seatbelt out of the passengers entry way and they just step right over it instead of ducking under it.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks ill try that

Quick Reply: Seat belt location different on both sides?