Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat Belt extenders....at least in the Unlimited, they are different for front/rear

Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt extenders....at least in the Unlimited, they are different for front/rear

Had the dealer order in a couple of seat belt extenders, as people riding in the back seat have reported the "belt of death" back there in being locked into place with the slightest of bumps and jars....

So they finally got them in, they went out and tested them....yep, they worked, so I drove over to get them.

Nope, they don't work....at least not in the BACK seats, which is where I really needed them. But they do work in the front.

The blasted thing uses a different sized belt latch for the front and rear :angry:

Parts guys does some digging on the computer, finds the right part number for the rear....nope, none in stock.

It is now Thursday afternoon, and we are slated to take off either late tomorrow afternoon/evening or real early Saturday morning to Alaska.

Needless to say, I am kinda :angry: at this point, and I think the parts guy could sense I was about ready to go ballistic on him, so....

He calls around, and luckily locates a couple at a dealership 45 miles away....UPS had already been there, and picked up, so no way he could get them to me by tomorrow...but dealership was open late enough for me to drive to get them.

So after yet another parts fiasco from the stealership, I think I am set for the trip to Alaska now, and the back seat passengers will not be lock belted into place for the entire trip.

For reference for anyone else wanting/needing to get some seat belt extenders, the part numbers for the Unlimited 07s (may be same for the 2drs...look at your front and rear belt latches...if the rear is bigger than the fronts...you should be the same)

REAR = 5083695AA
FRONT = 5135197AA

Quick Reply: Seat Belt extenders....at least in the Unlimited, they are different for front/rear