Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Scratchy Plastic Reply from DC....

Old 01-26-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
My Email to DC hope it was ok to drop this website's name...:

I am a new 2007 Wrangler owner and am VERY concerned about not only the cheap plastic in the new wrangler interiors, but also the customer service from DC. I paid well over $20,000 for this vehicle, and I figure that if the interior plastic scratches with my fingernail, well, DC can grab a couple dollars out of their deep pockets and replace it with something more appropriate for an off-road vehicle.

I am also a member of jk-forum.com and all of the 1,400+ members are highly upset about the responses we have received about this that seem to be computer generated, offering no help at all. If this is the kind of care and service that comes with a $20,000+ vehicle, from now on I will be buying from GM.

If i get a standardized computer response from you, i swear i will be trading in my JK ASAP, and i can guarantee my experience will be passed on 10 fold.

I look forward to your immediate response.

2007 Unsatisfied Wrangler Driver,
Eric Flanders
USAF
Well I wrote this email to DC earlier in the week. Last night I'm sitting around drinking a few beers with a buddy, and I get a call at 10:30 at night from a 1-800 number... "Who the hell could this be??" It was a guy from DC calling me to apologize about my dissatisfaction with the plastic! Now, i know what you're all thinking... "but DC only has computers that work with the customers" Apparently they do have one human working in there too.

He told me that in this was the first he had heard about the weak plastic and what we need to do to get it changed is individually write emails to dc including things that my email did about how you wouldnt buy another DC vehicle again and how you were going to pass on your experience to 10 other people about how shitty their customer support was. This sort of email forces them to actually contact you, instead of sending out the "canned" email (as he called them). He said if we could get most people on this forum to write emails and force 1400 apologetic phone calls we could shake things up a little at DC and possibly force a TSB or recall on the cheaply made plastic, or at the very least a change in next years model.

The moral of the story being... If you're unsatisfied with the plastic, send an email to DC saying that you wont buy from them again and will pass on this horrible experience to friends and make sure they dont buy from them either. That will force a phone call and they log phone calls and send them up their chain of command. If we rally on this and get the majority of people to address this issue with them, then it WILL get changed.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Someone please post the email addy and sticky it in the forums.

this way we can all get on the same page.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Docwinkle
Someone please post the email addy and sticky it in the forums.

this way we can all get on the same page.
Here's the link! Lets bombard em with emails! Also mention you'll take your business to GM next time. I think that got their attention too! lol
Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK i just sent my email Tear them up fellas

Heres the link-->>>

http://www-5.jeep.com/wccsapp/univer...ull&category=U
Old 01-26-2007, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I sent mine.

I told them I was canceling my JK order because I have seen this problem first hand in other JK's.

I said I was going to look at a Toyota FJ today.

Keep hammering them everybody....lets get a TSB!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank ericdewayne for all your efforts and for posting the results of them here. Just so you know, I have since started an Official Crappy Plastic Interior Replacement Petition Sticky to help others get involved. Let's get mobilized and make a difference!!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 007divegirl
Okay, I sent mine.

I told them I was canceling my JK order because I have seen this problem first hand in other JK's.

I said I was going to look at a Toyota FJ today.

Keep hammering them everybody....lets get a TSB!!!
haha awesome!! expect a phone call in a few days!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Thank ericdewayne for all your efforts and for posting the results of them here. Just so you know, I have since started an Official Crappy Plastic Interior Replacement Petition Sticky to help others get involved. Let's get mobilized and make a difference!!
No problem, we pay a lot of money for these things and I dont think we should settle for nothing being done about this cheap plastic and "canned" computer generated emails about our problems. When talking to this guy on the phone he stressed that to get our voices heard it needs to be individual complaints. I asked about doing an online petition and submitting it to DC and he said he would only be logged as a single complaint. So lets let them know what we think. Even if the plastic gets changed for the '08 model it will still be a contribution that the jk-forum.com members put in the Wrangler history book.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

I sent one to DC Canada today. Everyone should check out the spot around where they put their keys into the ignition. You would think you had the jeep for 30 years.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:50 PM
JK Newbie

I too have found it easy to marr and scratch this plastic...I have taken #0000 steel wool and removed all scratches from my doors and grab handle. I have a black JK with dark int. I also had some Ace Hardware matt black grill paint (spray can) I used just to do a little dusting over the finish when done (Ace brand grill paint matched mine perfect). I can not even tell there were any scratches at all now. Looks new! You might not even need to use the paint, just start lightly and apply more pressure until they are removed. Then lightly go over it to blend. Wipe well and if you have a dull spot just use some armorall or dust it with the spray paint.

This fixed all my fingernail scratches for me. deeper ones might have to be filled with an expoxy, smoothed, steel wooled and then sprayed. Do this at your own risk and keep an eye on how much pressure is needed to remove what you want. Use #0000, it did not remove the texture on the plastic either. It's also great for taking out shiny spots, just start light.

My .02

Quick Reply: Scratchy Plastic Reply from DC....