Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Scratchy Plastic Reply from DC....

Old 01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
You guys are going to love this one. Could someone run it through their bullsh*t filter and explain what it says. I think it came from Cynthia's sister Sheila.

I had written to complain about not having a flash to fix the odometer/speedometer for larger than stock tires. Here is the response.

Dear Mark:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center.

We regret to read of your dissatisfaction in your product and appreciate
the time and effort you took to bring this matter to our attention.
Comments like yours are one way to learn of problems that may develop
and the improvements that are desired by customers. The information
received is used in product development and quality analysis. We have
documented your comments and have forwarded them to the appropriate
department for review.

DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation has made tremendous gains in customer
satisfaction and vehicle quality, and we are dismayed to learn that your
expectations have not been met. Please accept our apology for the
problems you have experienced.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide technical assistance for the
concern you described. You might wish to contact your local Jeep
dealership for further assistance, or you may refer to the vehicle's
Service Manual.

Service Manuals provide all the information technicians need to
diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain, service and repair DaimlerChrysler
vehicles. You can visit Tech Authority for Service Manuals at
http//:www.techauthority.daimlerchrysler.com or you may obtain one by
calling 1-800-890-4038 or 1-800-348-4696.

Thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sheila

Senior Staff Representative
Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 15888399
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 1650307
REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_f...540I25261L0KM&

Loose translation to this one too. "Sucks to be you. -Sheila"
Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon

DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation has made tremendous gains in customer
satisfaction and vehicle quality
Like gaining the ability to issue computer generated standard responses to real world problems?? Is there no outlet besides the dealerships to let "the man" know about what we think?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
Is there no outlet besides the dealerships to let "the man" know about what we think?
Yeah. Tell them this is the last Jeep you're ever going to buy from them. Everyone send them a letter stating in no uncertain terms that you won't be back for another.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

My Email to DC hope it was ok to drop this website's name...:

I am a new 2007 Wrangler owner and am VERY concerned about not only the cheap plastic in the new wrangler interiors, but also the customer service from DC. I paid well over $20,000 for this vehicle, and I figure that if the interior plastic scratches with my fingernail, well, DC can grab a couple dollars out of their deep pockets and replace it with something more appropriate for an off-road vehicle.

I am also a member of jk-forum.com and all of the 1,400+ members are highly upset about the responses we have received about this that seem to be computer generated, offering no help at all. If this is the kind of care and service that comes with a $20,000+ vehicle, from now on I will be buying from GM.

If i get a standardized computer response from you, i swear i will be trading in my JK ASAP, and i can guarantee my experience will be passed on 10 fold.

I look forward to your immediate response.

2007 Unsatisfied Wrangler Driver,
Eric Flanders
USAF
Old 01-25-2007, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone just post the email address or post address we can send these responses to? I'll have them bombarded with complaints in no time.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dean
Can someone just post the email address or post address we can send these responses to? I'll have them bombarded with complaints in no time.
try that or just go to jeep.com
http://www-5.jeep.com/wccsapp/univer...ull&category=U
Old 01-25-2007, 02:45 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of respone would this get?

Dear DC customer service,

Thank you for responding to my email. Per your recommendation, I have followed up with the dealer. They assured me that only DC would be able to make a decision regarding the replacement of the soft plastic interior. I have been forced to conclude that DC will not be replacing my plastic interior. This given, I would request that a DC representative contact me, so that I may return the vehicle. The vehicle is ready to be picked up, please bring a check. I hope that you are as excited as I was to receive your new (well almost) JK. My excitement is only out-weighed by my disappointment, but I look forward to getting my new hummer.

Best regards,....
Old 01-25-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok i'm going to email.
i'm not an owner yet but my rubi is in BX status and i will tell them something to the effect : are they looking into a replacement for the soft non durable plastic of which I have been reading many complaints about on jeep forums about the new wranglers inferior interior plastic. If i don't receive a satifactory answer i will be cancelling my order and buying a Toyota instead or perhaps kia at least they have the basics together like making durable plastic.
I will post their response.

edit I just sent this in

I am soon to be an owner of a 07 wrangler JK unlimited I have been watching the web forums/ boards and hearing the pain of proud new JK owners. Up to this point it hasn't been that much of a concern about the many issues the wrangler has, to be expected for something new we guess.
Well my name is scott smith my email is scottgsmith@gmail.com.
My VON# is 19155745
what I want to know is will there be a fix for the easily scratched plastic in the new JK, this is an off road vehicle I would expect it to be as durable as what is in my 02 neon r/t or my 01 grand caravan es. I'm hearing about it being able to be scratched with a finger nail.I think a TSB is in order to satisfy the 1400 owners on many of the JK forums. If there is no fix or timely response to my query then I will probably have to cancel my order and go with a toyota or a kia at least they have the fundamentals down and are capable of making a tough plastic to suit tough riggers of life let alone 4x4ing.

reply to
scottgsmith@gmail.com

thank you

Last edited by WRAITHYJEEP; 01-25-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Here is what I think we should tell Sheila and the Customer Assistance Center, not that I actually would, but it might be kind of funny:

Dear Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center,

Thank you for contacting me back regarding my 07 Jeep Wrangler.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to address my problem. I have made tremendous gains in tolerance for poor customer service and vehicle quality, but I am dismayed that you have thrown that away. Please accept my apology for my unwillingness to deal with these issues.

Unfortunately, since it is looking as if my concerns will not be addressed I will be unable to send in any payments for the next year as I will have to use this budgeted money to replace the cheap plastic with material of higher quality. Once this has been done, I look forward to submitting the remainder of my payments.

Should you have any questions about my progress, or if you would like to fix the problem yourself, then please free to contact my neighbor's dog, as he will be able to provide the assistance that you are looking for.

Thank you again for your response.

Sincerely,

Ben Kiehn
Old 01-25-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Filtered version:

Dear Mark or whatever your name is:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center located in some call center in India.

We regret to read of your dissatisfaction in your product, because it's not ours now.....ha ha ha... and appreciate
the time and effort you took to bring this matter to our attention, even though we are not going to do anything about it.
Complaints like yours are one way to learn of problems that may develop
and the improvements that are desired by customers that we're just going to ignore. The information
received is not used in product development and quality analysis even though we tell you that it is. We have
documented your comments and have forwarded them to the appropriate
department for review....and they threw it in the trash.

DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation has made tremendous gains....?....gains?... in customer
satisfaction and vehicle quality, even though we didn't use it on your vehicle and we are dismayed to learn that your
expectations have not been met because your expectations were too high being that you only spent between 20 to 30K.....YOU'RE CHEAP!. Please accept our apology for the
problems you have experienced. Again, we're still not going to do anything about it. Tough $hit.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide technical assistance for the
concern you described because we really don't understand what "plastic" and "scratch" mean. You might wish to contact your local Jeep
dealership for further assistance becuase they really won't be able to help you, or you may refer to the vehicle's
Service Manual.....LOT'S OF HELP..

Service Manuals provide all the information technicians need to
destroy, troubleshoot, maintain, service and repair DaimlerChrysler
vehicles, but sorry.....your service manual is written in Chinese. You can visit Tech Authority for Service Manuals at
http//:www.techauthority.daimlerchrysler.com or you may obtain one by
calling 1-800-890-4038 or 1-800-348-4696.

Thank you again for your email, and please don't email again.

Sincerely,

Sheila aka Shreekala Vagabuard

Senior Staff Representative
Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center located in India

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 15888399
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 1650307
REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_f...540I25261L0KM&
ie....WE DON'T CARE! SUCK IT UP.... You bought it...deal with it...

Quick Reply: Scratchy Plastic Reply from DC....