Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Scraping noise while crawling

Old 03-22-2021, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scraping noise while crawling

I drive a 08 jk unlimited AT 4x2
I was driving and I heard what sounded like I was dragging a metal pipe while coasting. The weird part was when I put in in reverse I hard a loud click then back to drive and the sound went away. Anyone have an idea as to what happened? It sounded like it came from the rear passenger side but was hard to tell
Old 03-23-2021, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 409 Likes on 384 Posts

Welcome to JKF.. You pose a question/issue-- 1st your title says crawling and the sentence say coasting.. which is correct? Anyway; these could/will have multiple probable causes. It would be good to get underneath and perform a visual for any parts hanging loose and check for any foreign objects caught underneath, check your wheel lug nuts to ensure they are tight. After the visual road test again attempting to duplicate the condition.. If possible have someone ride in the rear seat. Post up your findings.

Quick Reply: Scraping noise while crawling