Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Saharas

Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK44M
I have a 09 X. looking at post 8 I have almost everything that is on the list other than the new upgrades that the 2011 has that were not available in earlier models.

I have the 17" Rubicon wheels and the s package. From what I can see the only difference was the color matched fenders, and the stereo and it don’t have the rear speaker. I got the 6 speed manual because I wanted the manual tranny but I could have got the auto. Is that really the only difference between a 09 X and 09 Sahara? Am I missing something?
You are missing the stock clearance differences:
(Rubi and Sahara are the same)
Ground Clearance - at curb weight - Approach Angle sahara:44.4
Sport: deg. 40.6 deg.

Ground Clearance - at curb weight - Breakover Angle sahara:20.9 deg.
sport: 17.8 deg.
GroundClearanceatcurbweight-BreakoverAngle
Ground Clearance - at curb weight - Departure Angle sahara: 40.7 deg.
Sport: 37.5 deg.
Ground Clearance - at curb weight - Running Ground Clearance sahara:10.2"
Sport:8.7"

All is moot if you plan on building up quickly, seems the X is a good choice, otherwise, right off the self (living with stock susp and wheels), the Rubi, then Sahara have the best base to build on at least for me.

I went with the Sahara (the mygig, remote start, sat radio, painted fenders, etc), and love it, though I fear my TJ maybe planning something horrible towards the new JK that took its garage spot.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brucy2k3
May be a dumb question but I was just wondering what makes a jeep a sahara? Is it just the fully loaded and painted fenders?
I clicked on this because I just bought a 2011 Sahara and wanted some info...but that is secondary after looking at your signature... YES! GO STEELERS!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JustTryingToLive
I just picked my 2011 up last week and i love it. im new to the jeep world but so far i am enjoying it. here is are some pictures of mine. Attachment 98479Attachment 98480Attachment 98481Attachment 98482
Beautiful Jeep inside and out ! I'm a big advocate for the 6 speed myself though!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Know it doesn't look like it, but I'm running 35's...
Would be super interested in a soft top for hard top trade, and looking for some spare factory rims!
LOVE this ride
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sahara's have better sound system too vs sport
Old 01-26-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

When I bought my Sahara, it was cheaper than a X with air conditioning and dual tops. That's the main reason why I chose the sahara.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Personally, I love my Unlimited Sahara.

For 2011 (and I think 2010) the "Sport" has replaced the "X" as the base model, so there's no such thing as an "X" anymore. The Sport is available as a base model or a slightly upgraded "Sport S" model (sort of half-way between bare bones and the Sahara)

The differences between a Sport and a Sahara are the following options are standard on the Sahara:
Note: This list is based on a Canadian build. It may vary slightly by your location. Check the brochures.
*Fender flares - Body color
*Deep tint glass
*Heated exterior power mirrors (new in 2011)
*Tubular side steps
*Hardtop is standard, dual top is optional (Canada. Soft-top is standard in US)
*Tires - Bridgestone Duelers P255/70R18
*Rims - 18" Gladiator, painted satin silver
*Air Conditioning
*Power door locks, remote entry
*115v Auxillary power outlet
*Infinity speakers/subwoofer
*power windows
*rear defrost
*Suspension - Heavy Duty
(Don't ask me what the specific differences are between the Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon suspensions...)

The Sahara also has a few options that aren't available to the Sport or Sport S, but I'm not going to get into listing them.

It all really comes down to personal choice and budget. Get whatever Jeep you think you'll enjoy the most! Don't listen when people say, "Dude, you should have got a ****** instead!"

edit:
-Added a location note
-Added the note about the hard-top being standard in Canada. Apparently the soft-top is standard in the US.
We have a 2010 mountain, which is the sport s with rubi shocks and wheels. Only thing we do not have from the above list, is the painted fendre flairs and the power mirrors. This could have been ordered this way by the dealer, as we bought it off the lot. It came with both tops, can't wait to try the soft top.

Last edited by wired; 01-26-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

I bought an 08 used in 09 with 17k miles on it and it had every jeep option already installed. It wasn't a hard decision to go this route especially when it was a certified vehicle with a warranty. I've since modded and upgraded here and there but it was great the way I got it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2111184190.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	121717  

Last edited by wittys-jk; 01-26-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

saharas rool !! If you look close you can see my pinstriping on the panted finders
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo102.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	121719
Old 01-30-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love my sahara unlimited.

Quick Reply: Saharas