Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sahara over X model?

Old 01-05-2007, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too didn't like the painted flares, so I purchased an all black Sahara. Now I can't tell the difference.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the limited slip track lock. If you are refering to brake lock as the ESP, they are really for two different things. I am not really happy with the ESP except for the fact that they gave it an off button.

Icy driveway. 4 hi with ESP on. Good speed in first gear, started spining and the ESP started braking each wheel alternatively until motor bogged down and I stopped. With ESP off, I was able to keep the rpms up. The rear axle pretty much locked up and I went up with 3 wheels spinning.

ESP is intended for stability. I haven't fully figured out BAS.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to the manual Brake Assist only comes on with the ABS. It is there to provide max pressure on the brake pedal. I remember reading some articles that show that most people do not push hard or long enough on the pedeal when using the ABS to make full use of it.

I always thought that brake lock, referred to the use of the Track-Lok. When one wheel starts slipping, you hit the brake and the power is transferred to the wheel with the traction.....maybe I am wrong...???

Marc

2dy Black Sahara

Quick Reply: Sahara over X model?