Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sahara over X model?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blacklock
I decided to purchase an Unlimited in the next few months. I am deciding now between an X and a Sahara. I wont do much off roading so I am not considering the Rubicon. I know the Sahara has the upgraded YES fabric and the painted flares. What are the benefits of having that YES fabric over the standard X. I know the Sahara has most the options I wanted as standard and the Insurance difference between the two was only 5.00 more for the sahara. Is there anything else I am missing?
I have the Sahara unlimited with the towing pkg . It gives you the Dana 44 in the rear with 4:10 gears. The Sahara basically has everything offered except for locking diffs(opt) and disconnecting sway bars(opt) - oops - and the front axle isn't a 44. Transfer case is different. I 'd choose the sahara over the x anyday - just for resale.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by britjk
I have the Sahara unlimited with the towing pkg . It gives you the Dana 44 in the rear with 4:10 gears. The Sahara basically has everything offered except for locking diffs(opt) and disconnecting sway bars(opt) - oops - and the front axle isn't a 44. Transfer case is different. I 'd choose the sahara over the x anyday - just for resale.
I also got the 18'' wheels and just installed a Full Traction 2'' lift.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

3 pages and no mention of the subwoofer?!?

That's another difference between the Sahara and the X.

I chose the Sahara because everything that I wanted in a jeep came stock with it. I priced a decked out X but it was the same price and still didn't have everything that I wanted.

I like the painted flares, btw. I like the black too but I think I prefer the painted.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

My X has the subwoofer.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

stock subwoofer =
Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

??? my stock subwoofer works fine, of course I don’t play that “3 sneakers-in-a-dryer and someone spittin real fast” type of music at jet engine decibel levels either.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
??? my stock subwoofer works fine, of course I don’t play that “3 sneakers-in-a-dryer and someone spittin real fast” type of music at jet engine decibel levels either.
I've never heard it described that way, but man it REALLY fits the bill
I don't need look at me loud anymore but I would like to help out the anemic standard subless soundsystem, mine came equipped with. Right now the drums sound like plucking a dixie cup.:sad:
Old 12-16-2006, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

To me it seemed like I was going to spend more adding options to an "X" rather tnan just getting the Sahara. Since I don't plan on investing initially in a lot of extra toys for it, getting the Sahara gave me the best setup for the money I spent.

The tipping point for me was the 18" wheels - which I think are the best looking.

Had I gone 4x4 I would probably have the best of all worlds.

Merry Christmas, alll
Old 12-23-2006, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

No matter how I price it out...when I add options to the "X" so it has the exact same things as the Sahara other than the flares and YES seats, it still comes in at 1000 dollars less.

I really like the idea of the Sahara for the seats and the option for the 18"wheels" but wow, that is a pretty big price difference! Decisions, decisions. I still cant even decide between the auto and manual either. I really need to make up my mind.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, keep in mind your insurance cost will be based on purchase price as well.

Quick Reply: Sahara over X model?