Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sahara over X model?

Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My X does have the mileage computer, compass, temp, etc., but I'm not sure if that was standard or part of one of the option packages mine came with.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My "X" also has this stuff, I do have the "S" Package...this might help:
Unlimited X S Pkg.
This package Contains the following unique features: Tires
- P245/75R16 Black Side Wall on-/off-road tires Wheels
- 16" aluminum wheels

Additional Options
- Deep tint sunscreen windows
- 2 front tow hooks and 1 rear tow hook
- Fog lamps
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Speed control
- Temperature and compass gaugeThese basic Wrangler Xs should appeal to traditionalists. For people wanting more, the X versions offer both "C" and "S" packages. The first adds such niceties as air conditioning, a full-length center console, cloth upholstery for the bucket seats and courtesy lights.
The "C" package also opens the door for such options as seat-mounted side air bags, a removable modular hardtop, electronic front sway bar disconnect, better axles, trailer towing equipment and a better audio system.
"S" package buyers can select such previously unheard of extras * at least for a Wrangler * as power windows and power locks while adding standard cruise control, a temperature and compass gauge, tinted windows and fog lamps.Sahara models are more comfortably equipped while offering such options as a navigation system.
Rubicon models are intended for serious off-roading. As the press release notes, the Wrangler Rubicon "features all necessary hardware to conquer the world¹s most extreme trails, right out of the box."
This means a Rock Trac part-time transfer case, heavy-duty front and rear axles with lockable differentials, rock rails and 32-inch B.F. Goodrich off-road tires on 17-inch aluminum wheels.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can always spray your seats w/stain resistant spray.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:36 AM
JK Freak

Or get these,..fabulous seat covers(((Water Proof Wet Suit Material)./
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-03-2006, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

I'm looking at the Sahara orver the X for the larger wheels and tires and the YES fabric I often get wet or sweaty from biking or kayaking. I would prefer the black fender flares though!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

My x came with the 17" wheels and 255's, so really the seats and fenders flares are the only major things different with my x than the sahara and it cost a lot less. I haven't seen a sahara on the lot for under 30K in my area. I don't think I would get the sahara just for the different seat covers.

Bryan
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey TENEO i read you bike and kayak i do as well. have you come up with a solution how you plan on transporting you kayak on your JK? i have been look for racks and have found nothing yet!! just interested in what a fellow kayak is doing. i have a yakamia rack that goes in my towing hitch for my mountain bike. it works great!! Also go for the sahara I LOVE mine. i got my fully load sahara with the 18" wheels for 28,500
Old 12-03-2006, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

where did you get those seat covers nam6869usmc? Those are nice, and with the amount of time i spend in the salt water and at the beach playing volleyball, those things look like they would be great and clean up quick.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by American_Dream
where did you get those seat covers nam6869usmc? Those are nice, and with the amount of time i spend in the salt water and at the beach playing volleyball, those things look like they would be great and clean up quick.
You can get these in the Site below: they are just awsome, and wipe clean in a jiff. Highly recommended.
http://www.justforjeeps.com/jewrinac.html
Old 12-03-2006, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to the dealerships again today, did some sticker comparison on an X and a Sahara. I found one sahara that had everything in it I wanted but sat. radio and it stickered at 25600 but then the dealer did the ghetto conversion on it, chrome 20's, chrome side steps, chrome taillight guards, chrome fuel door then the price went to 31000 for it. I found some other saharas at another dealership that were pretty much the same but with and auto and prices were all around 25000 for what options I wanted. I dont really want the painted fenders so will see if the dealer can trade them out to black and deduct a little off the price or give me something extra.

Quick Reply: Sahara over X model?