Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sahara over X model?

Old 11-27-2006, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sahara over X model?

I decided to purchase an Unlimited in the next few months. I am deciding now between an X and a Sahara. I wont do much off roading so I am not considering the Rubicon. I know the Sahara has the upgraded YES fabric and the painted flares. What are the benefits of having that YES fabric over the standard X. I know the Sahara has most the options I wanted as standard and the Insurance difference between the two was only 5.00 more for the sahara. Is there anything else I am missing?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat you are. I have looked at many sticker prices and with all the options, the X comes out to about the price of the Sahara. I like the idea of the "Yes Es." seats because of my dogs. They are in and out of the mud and water all the time. I would like to get the Sahara with the black fenders, but don't know if they'll do that.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

To me the only thing I didn't like about the Sahara was the painted fender flares, which I figure are just begging to get scratched up. My "X" was configured pretty much the same as a Sahara, without the painted fender flares and the Yes Essentials seats. I do like the Yes seats, and may upgrade to covers or something down the road, but it was a choice between waiting 2 months for a custom Sahara, or get the X on the lot with the color and all the options I already wanted that day, and for cheaper.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Aside from the painted flares, the YES (stain resistant) fabric and the nicer wheels/tires, you also get silver trim on the instrument cluster
Old 11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

I own a 2002 TJ Sahara (stone white) I have an Unlimited Sahara on order. I hope the flares on the 07 are AS GOOD! AS THE 02'S. The scratches come right off with a cleaner type wax. I think you'll enjoy the Sahara pkg, but I LUV EM ALL !!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

so you can get the YES fabric on an X? If so I think I will go for the X. I dont care about the silver trim in the instruments and if I were to get a Sahara I would change the fenders to Black anyway.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blacklock
so you can get the YES fabric on an X? If so I think I will go for the X. I dont care about the silver trim in the instruments and if I were to get a Sahara I would change the fenders to Black anyway.
No, unfortunately you cannot get the YES fabric on an X. Only a Sahara and Rubicon.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

i chose the sahara over the x
Old 11-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I chose the Sahara. I happen to LIKE the painted fenders, scratches & all. I also like my Yes seats very much, i have a black lab that loves to be muddy & wet, so they work well for me. I like the look of the silver bezel on the instrument panel. I do not believe they where trying to make it look like metal ,that would be as stupid as the rear seat entry issues .

I also like the light beige almost invisible "Sahara" logo they put on my silver Jeep.

All kidding aside, i like the sahara. The 17's are fine for what i do, the Yes seats are a must with a constantly wet dog, i like the painted fenders, etc.

I love my Jeep.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Does the mileage computer come on the X model? Like compass, distance to empty, average miles per a gallon etc.

Quick Reply: Sahara over X model?