Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Is a Sahara any better than a base model?

Old 10-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the two above posters, I agree with the first one, I refused to buy the yellow x that was on the lot because it had cloth seats and power windows.

I waited until I was able to get a base x with plastic seats and no options except the hardtop, (wish I had gone half-doors and soft top now though.)

I don't hate on the sahara owners, one of the best drivers I know wheels a sahara and some people like those pretty fenders better.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

To each his own. I think it is rad that wranglers come in 3 trim levels. Gives people more options that have different needs. I think some people love to mod em and some don't. What I love about jeeps is that you can basically rebuild them to your own specs if you want or not and they are still plenty capable. I do wish however they gave you a choice for a carpeted or a linexed tub with the vehicle, since folks have different needs and uses for the rig.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hawgrider1200
258 cu in is not the same as 5.2L 5.0 is 302 inches .2 is about 12 cu in.
258 cu in is about 4.4 liters!!!! Any more mistaken ideas u have about displacement?

You are correct, I mistyped the amount of liters, but you are also wrong, the 258 is a 4.2L. So, do you have any more ideas?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by derff96963
Wait a minute.... You mean I have to have a Sahara in order to be able to do the above? That would mean I have a Sahara since I have all of the above....

Nope just checked I have an X. I don't have painted fender flares, but I still have all of those power options..

Maybe my dealer switched the fenders with a Sahara since someone else wanted the painted ones on an X and I specifically told them I didn't want painted flares but would like the power option.

Sorry I just had to...
It's ok, Sahara's take less hits from rocks, tree's and boulders. Seems they all love the targets that X makes.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Mine are gray too.
Mine are too! has anyone else changed to sun products hood latch straps? they are supposed to be better, I changed mine and I am not sure they are worth the effort to change or the extra effort it now takes to get the hood closed now...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock

I removed my X, and I'm still a target for trees and rocks

I removed my ex too. Last i knew she lived on the other side of the state.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by N2rock
Hell, I've removed 2 of those

and my money says, your still a target!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Here's a few more things that come standard on the Sahara that may or may not be available as options on an X:
power windows/locks
security alarm
better quality stain resistant seat fabric
1 year of sirius
HD suspension w/gas shocks
keyless entry
hood insulation
Infinity sound system
Thats all available in the S-package plus 32" tires on 17"rims. No hood insulation.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 4:10 gears

I can say the only things I wish I had on my Sahara are 4:10 gears and lockers. Other than that since I drive it everyday the comforts like power windows, etc. are a must have.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
X or Sahara are the same.

The only thing I don't like on the Sahara are the 18" rims, because it's difficult and expensive to find big mud tires.
That's not true. They most of the X options standard, got painted fenders, additional insulation, side steps, yes essential seats, better shocks. etc.

edit: I just saw how old this post is.

Quick Reply: Is a Sahara any better than a base model?