Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rusty Transmission Pan

Old 06-22-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty Transmission Pan

I have a 2007 Wrangler X and discovered a Trans mission leak with around 60,000 mi. Took to repair shop and found the Transmission Pan had rusty enough that the Tranny fluid was seeping through the metal. Anyone else having that problem. Working for 42 years in the manufacture of axles such as the Dana 44, have never encountered such a problem as fluid leaking through a metal pan.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Working in a transmission
Shop every day I see this a lot with the 42rle and lots of Chrysler trans, either put replace with factory pan or get a new aluminum deep pan. Better cooling of tranny and longer life
Old 06-22-2014, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

That housing is by far my most rusted part in my 2009 62,000+ miles. I'm hoping to get my shop back up and running so I can refinish it but I am keeping my eye on it with plans to get a new aftermarket housing if it starts to fail.

Quick Reply: Rusty Transmission Pan