Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rust on Full Doors

Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust on Full Doors

I've owned my JK for a little over a year and have driven it through 1 winter.

I noticed the other day that I have speckles of rust forming on the passenger side door from what looks like tiny rock chips. Likely from road salt/sand hitting the door's paint and then the exposed steel beginning to rust.

Is this normal? My fear is that in a few years I'm gonna need new doors. Not to mention if the rest of the cheap is this exposed and prone to rusting, I may not have a jeep left in 5 years.

Should I bring this to my dealer's attention or will they likely just blow me off?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't remember for sure but thinking corrosion warranty is 100k miles.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by commbubba19
I've owned my JK for a little over a year and have driven it through 1 winter.

I noticed the other day that I have speckles of rust forming on the passenger side door from what looks like tiny rock chips. Likely from road salt/sand hitting the door's paint and then the exposed steel beginning to rust.

Is this normal? My fear is that in a few years I'm gonna need new doors. Not to mention if the rest of the cheap is this exposed and prone to rusting, I may not have a jeep left in 5 years.

Should I bring this to my dealer's attention or will they likely just blow me off?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-through-paint

this thread will answer your concerns!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-through-paint

this thread will answer your concerns!
Good to know. I have yet to clay bar the jeep since winter so if it is indeed rail dust I'll be happy.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rust on Full Doors