Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rubicon locking differential?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From my experience over the past year, the factory rubicon locker works well, but is more troublesome than other lockers like a corectly installed ARB.
The ARB almost always locks quicker than the factory locker, which takes a bit more planning to get it to lock up. I think the reason for the delay is due to it's greatest selling feature... a lifetime warranty for many people who qualified when they bought their Jeeps. I'm betting that Jeep corp decided to play it safe and not "force" the locker to enguage unless the planets were prerfectly aligned, thus saving the locker and rear end from dammage thay would have to pay for!
When there on, they work great! I have had failure to dissenguage on one occasion. I use mine monthly, so they have had a good workout.
I'm glad I have them because of the warranty they carry, but now that the lifetime warranty is no longer being offered, I'd save the cash and buy an ARB. Just be sure to have a quality shop install them!
-Nathan
Old 10-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Coy
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arb

ARBAAAAAAAABBBBBYYYY!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I loved RubyDoo's lockers, they performed almost flawlessly all the time. Even after busting drivers side stub shafts and twisting the splines at the carrier they worked fine. Most all of you know how hard and often i wheeled.

Quick Reply: Rubicon locking differential?