Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rubicon Locker Connector Removal?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rubicon Locker Connector Removal?

i removed my axle assembly to install sleeves and gussets. In order to pull the axles out I need to disconnect the connector from the e-locker in the differential. I don't see how to do it and I don't want to break it. Anyone know how to disconnect the connector inside the housing on the locker?

Thank you.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626
i removed my axle assembly to install sleeves and gussets. In order to pull the axles out I need to disconnect the connector from the e-locker in the differential. I don't see how to do it and I don't want to break it. Anyone know how to disconnect the connector inside the housing on the locker?

Thank you.
Are you talking about pulling the axle shafts out of the housing?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Are you talking about pulling the axle shafts out of the housing?
Yes. I have the axle assembly on the floor. going to pull the axles and carrier out.
On the Teraflex site I found instructions with a pic of the connector. It looks like the blue wires disconnect from the bottom of the connector that is on the top of the differential. I'll give that a look in the morning.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Locker Connector Removal?