Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rubicon Axle Housing Snapped!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bleblanc
...I was driving on a dirt road to do some fishing with my son and out of nowhere a donkey ran in front of me, I swirved (only going about 20-25 mph) and hit a side bank on the passanger side...
Technically that is a traffic accident and would be covered by your insurance. It's just like swerving to miss a pedestrian or a dog and hitting a tree. You can't blame Chrysler for that.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So...did I miss what the total out of pocket cost was for this?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gergy9
In Order....

P.S. The Busted Steering Stabilizer was from earlier in the day..

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Looks a lot like these pics

These were from the Anza Borrego Coyote Canyon Newbie Run

Looking at these pictures I have two questions. Where did all of the oil go? Neither has spooge all over the control arm bracket. And is that rust I see on the axle? Where's the lube???

OK. 2.5 questions.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
Technically that is a traffic accident and would be covered by your insurance. It's just like swerving to miss a pedestrian or a dog and hitting a tree. You can't blame Chrysler for that.
Yup, You're exactly right, Renegade. What's worse about it is, instead of hitting the donkey, he hit a ditch. It's always better to hit whatever is in the way, because THEN, as long as it's beyond your control (deer, donkey, horse, ect.) it is a NO FAULT accident. Now, because he swerved to avoid, I can promise you his insurance company will hit him up with an at fault claim. My advice is, next time you get a chance to hit a donkey, take it.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Axle Housing Snapped!