Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Round Plastic wahers?

Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round Plastic wahers?

Anyone know where i can a replacement washer that goes inbetween the gas trust housing and the rear window? Or at the very least the name of this piece>?

I just got my tints done and I notice when I opened my rear window the right gas strut moved.. Upon closer inspection it looks like when they put the housing back on they snapped the plastic washer that goes inbetween the housing and the window

heres a pic of the half...The other half is on the window for the time being.. i was going to mention this to my wife, but i am not in the mood for an "i told ya so" speech

Any help on this?

Alfy
Old 07-10-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Looks like the washer isn't the best quality to start with. I think I would try finding a Nylon washer(white) to replace it with. Hit one of your local hardware stores and look through the specalty screw drawers. I find that ace hardwares have a large selection.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Good Ideas Fellas

But is there a place to get the original ones ?

Thanks

Alfy
Old 07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

Still need some help here

I went to the dealer and the parts guys was unable to locate that specific part, but he says its from the ball stud bracket

Part # 6804995aa

Anyone know here i can get one for cheap?

Alfy

Quick Reply: Round Plastic wahers?