Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rhino Liner or Line-X

Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Liner or Line-X

I have a new grill that i want to get sprayed black, whats the difference with rhino liner and line-x? what is your thoughts on either products? thanks for the help

it would go on my 2011 jku sahara tan
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	1625
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	305892
Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Line-X and Rhino lining are both great products. I haven't used Rhino lining in many years. I did some research and more people seemed to prefer Line-X.

I had my grill done with Line-X Extra. The extra is a UV coating. I would recommend this especially since you are doing your grill. I paid $160 to have it done and it has been well worth it. At a year old, it looks the same as the day I had it done. It is very easy to clean.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2082923211.jpg
Views:	11652
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	305971  
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

The "classic" Rhino Liner that most folks think of is softer and more "rubbery" to the touch. Helps with keeping items in place in the bed of a truck. Line-X is harder and rougher but thus protects a bit more.

That said Rhino Liner has a variant that is harder and UV resistant. They can also add UV resistance to the traditional softer variant.

Call around and get the best price, making sure the Rhino Liner dealer knows you want the tougher coating. I think it's product name is Tough something actually.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

what about the Duplicolor DIY Truck Bed Liner is cheaper but is it worth it?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

No. It's just paint with grit in it. Nowhere near as durable.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, don't know much about Rhino or Line-X but was wondering what rims you have and what size they are and what tires you have on them? They look awesome and I have a flame red on order that will be here in about 3 more weeks and I'm looking for black rims to put on them.
Thanks.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cajun jeep
Hey, don't know much about Rhino or Line-X but was wondering what rims you have and what size they are and what tires you have on them? They look awesome and I have a flame red on order that will be here in about 3 more weeks and I'm looking for black rims to put on them.
Thanks.
they are Fuel Hostage rims 17 inch on 33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
Old 04-18-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for all the replies. i was just wondering since there is a Rhino Liner place by me and a Line-X place about 20 minutes from where I live. i will call around and find the best price.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlmo
Line-X and Rhino lining are both great products. I haven't used Rhino lining in many years. I did some research and more people seemed to prefer Line-X.

I had my grill done with Line-X Extra. The extra is a UV coating. I would recommend this especially since you are doing your grill. I paid $160 to have it done and it has been well worth it. At a year old, it looks the same as the day I had it done. It is very easy to clean.
looks awesome, how long did it take for them to do it? jw
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely go ahead with Line-X. The bed of my truck is done with it, durable, cheap cost, looks great! No regrets

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner or Line-X