Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Replacement Key

Old 05-28-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Key

Has anyone found a place to buy spare Sentry keys with the integrated fob?
P/N 05026104AB

I like having a programmed spare. I bought Sentry keys and fobs for my previous car and Jeep on Ebay but can't find them for the JK.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

do you mean strattec keys? im a locksmith and we sell them but you have to bring the car in to get it programed we charge 70 dollars for a duplicate but i dont know what your local locksmith would charge. also for the remotes or just the whole key with fob in the head you can order from keylessride.com but still have to get it programed
Old 05-29-2007, 02:16 AM
JK Freak

When I bought from Ebay I had them cut at my local hardware store for a couple of bucks and programmed them myself using the instructions in the owners manual. As long as you have two working keys, this can be done.

My wife's KJ key was stolen one time and when I got replacement, I needed the dealer to do the reprogramming for $25. Now I get a spare in advance and save the $$.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by priell3
When I bought from Ebay I had them cut at my local hardware store for a couple of bucks and programmed them myself using the instructions in the owners manual. As long as you have two working keys, this can be done.

My wife's KJ key was stolen one time and when I got replacement, I needed the dealer to do the reprogramming for $25. Now I get a spare in advance and save the $$.
Thats what I did. The key was 22 bucks and a dollar to cut it .
Old 05-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Former Member

Got my Strattec JK keys off Ebay
Search for seller- daywlker7
$16.95 each + shipping
listed as: OEM Jeep Wrangler RFID Transponder Key Blank / 2007

Also try search for 'Transponder Key' you may even do better on the price from what I've seen here.

The keys I got came with instructions for programming which is the same as found in your manual.

Be carefull when ordering because Chrysler and Jeep use several different transponder key types. Just read the listings well.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine from:

http://allthingsjeep.stores.yahoo.net/rock-key-transponder.html

MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE TAN KEY. The Grey key does NOT work on the JK.

I had an issue with my first key, and they sent me a replacement FREE of charge. VERY good customer service. Small company that will treat you right. I had a local home center cut the key. They didn't even charge me.

Last edited by toad; 07-07-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Please no direct links to non-sponsors
Old 05-30-2007, 01:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default What he said

Originally Posted by Woods
I bought mine from:

http://allthingsjeep.stores.yahoo.net/rock-key-transponder.html

MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE TAN KEY. The Grey key does NOT work on the JK.

I had an issue with my first key, and they sent me a replacement FREE of charge. VERY good customer service. Small company that will treat you right. I had a local home center cut the key. They didn't even charge me.
I had that problem also. GET THE TAN KEY!!! Program for free you self. I was told buy the locksmith here I needed him to program the key. It made him mad when I told him the manual told how to do it. I got mine from Quadratec and they had now problem replacing the already cut key. They let me keep the first one also so have a spare door key.

Last edited by toad; 07-07-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Digging up a really old thread, but any new info on where to get more FOB keys?

Also...if I buy the TAN rock style key does anyone have a picture of the other side of the key? Does it have any buttons or is it just coded to the vehicle and you have to use the door locks?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Junkie

12.99$ here:

htt p://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymoto/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160386340014&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Old 12-18-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm....I guess this biggest problem here is that I was trying to find a copy of the key that came with mine. I have the Power group and thought maybe these keys would have a lock and unlock button on them. That is sort of why I was wondering what was on the other side of the "rock style" key.

The cheapest I found a a stock replacement with power group buttons was like $129. I haven't checked the dealer for a price yet.

I also looked into getting the remote start system for $211 on a mopar parts site. It looks like it comes with one key and that key has a button for the remote start added to it...which is good except my other keys wouldn't start it then and god forbid I lose that one key.

Quick Reply: Replacement Key