Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Replacement gas tank REALLY fixed my tank overfill problem [facepalm]

Old 04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Replacement gas tank REALLY fixed my tank overfill problem [facepalm]

And how. Once the new tank was in, after one tank of gas (which the dealer had filled to check whether it had fixed the problem) I no longer have ANY problems with the gas pump not shutting off before the tank reaches full.

It is so effective at shutting off now that it shuts off when the tank is slightly above 1/2 a tank full. And continues to shut off when you try to continue to fill the tank every additional 1/4 to 1/3 of a gallon of gas, just like it would if you were trying to top the tank off.

Which I guess I am in a way....I am trying to "top it off" from 1/2 to full.

Not a station issue as this has happened at 6 different gas stations in several different towns....it is consistent in that if the tank is less than 1/2 a tank, it will fill like normal to somewhere slightly above 1/2 a tank, and then start thinking it is full.

Gas gauge is accurate, if I want to sit there and keep clicking the pump on/off, I can get the tank filled eventually, and it show accordingly.

Dealer has yet another replacement gas tank on the way.

Hopefully this was not going from one problem with the old to the new problem with the new batch of tanks, and this was just an isolated fluke.

Quick Reply: Replacement gas tank REALLY fixed my tank overfill problem [facepalm]