Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

replace a/c condenser

Old 10-29-2018, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replace a/c condenser

I've got a stock 08 rubicon and need to replace the a/c condenser. Do I have an transmission oil cooler on stock?
I see a lot of different condensers available any recommendations for a replacement condenser? Do I need a specific
condenser I see some for manual and automatic transmissions?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-29-2018, 04:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

You left out an important detail about your '08 Rubicon.

The pre-2012 JKs with auto transmission have a small transmission oil cooler on the bottom of the A/C condenser.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I reuse the existing transmission cooler from the stock condenser or is it built into it and I need purchase a new transmission cooler?
Should I purchase one with a built in transmission cooler? Sorry for the newbie questions... first time doing this. Thanks for all the help!!1

I was checking out this condenser replacement. OMIX-ADA 17950.12 Air Conditioner Condenser for 07-12 Jeep Wrangler JK

Quick Reply: replace a/c condenser