Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rental / loaner coverage ????? not included??

Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, Please excuse me as I am a bit upset right now. Dropped off my '12 JKU at the dealer. Brought it in for the left side cylinder head , the trans/ pwr/stg line recall, and my hinges need to be repainted. Dealership tells me to drop it off and have a ride home since this will take a day. We will call you.Sorry sir we do not offer loaners but we can call you a rental car if you want but we and chrysler don't cover that. BUT!!! for $999 with only $100 down you will extend the warranty for an additional 2 years which includes a rental. NO THANK YOU. Now a cylinder head is not a very easy job to be rushed through one day. Then the transport to a bodyshop. How many days am I going to be out of my Jeep. I read a few things saying that if you call chrysler and talk to them they arent too bad to tallk to about being put into a rental vehicle. Thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Last edited by Djpedro78; 08-06-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Djpedro78
Hi all,

Please excuse me ass I am a bit upset right now. Dropped off my '12 JKU at the dealer. Brought it in for the left side cylinder head , the trans/ pwr/stg line recall, and my hinges need to be repainted.
Dealership tells me to drop it off and have a ride home since this will take a day. We will call you.Sorry sir we do not offer loaners but we can call you a rental car if you want but we and chrysler don't cover that. BUT!!! for $999 with only $100 down you will extend the warrenty for an additional 2 years which includes a rental.NO THANK YOU.

Now a cylinder head is not a very easy job to be rushed through one day. Then the transport to a bodyshop. How many days am I going to be out of Jeep.
I read a few things saying that if you call chrysler and talk to them they arent too bad to tallk to about being out of vehicle.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome!
Chrysler sucks - end of story. If anyone made a vehicle that competed with the wrangler I never would've bought it and I'll never buy anything else from Chrysler.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:53 AM
JK Freak

just be glad you live somewhere that has car rentals / public transportation options.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

My local Chrysler dealership gave me a free loaner vehicle while my JK was getting the front calipers replaced. My JK is a 07 with no warranty. Maybe it's just because I took it back to them the day after I bought it, telling them that the front brakes were sticking. They ended up replacing the front calipers, rotors, brakes and brake lines for free even tho I bought it as is.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly, Chrysler will only supply a rental car if the warranty work being done will take 8+ hours of work or work that will require the dealership to keep the vehicle overnight. Loaners would only be if your Dealership offers or has any. If they do offer loaners, they generally only have a couple vehicles they are willing to loan out.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dropped my Jeep off at the local dealer here for the same things as you yesterday. They gave me the same response when I asked about a rental and I told them that was sh*t service. As we are filling out the paperwork he says they have a car for me and now I am driving their courtesy car. The service writer told me they do not normally offer rentals, but they have 5 courtesy vehicles they can give out if they are available, and if someone calls Chrysler and complains about not getting a rental, Chrysler will tell the dealer to provide you with a vehicle. So basically what I got out of this experience is that if you make a stink about not getting a rental/courtesy car, they will give you one.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We got a free rental when our 2011 Grand Cherokee was in for a brake booster recall. That was probably because it took almost a month to get the part!

Jeeps are expensive. Get used to it.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Gee.....I'd better get out my paperwork and see what's what with my JK as far as loaner/rentals are concerned.
Three years ago my wife had a Town and Country minivan. It was a year old lease vehicle that we purchased from a dealer in Rhode Island, and took home to Vermont. Two days later, we're on a trip to Michigan and just getting on the interstate, outside of Albany, N.Y., the van decided that it wouldn't upshift out of first gear. Pulled over to the breakdown lane and checked the warranty book....called Chrysler's toll free number (road service) and gave them some info. Within 15 minutes, here's a flatbed tow truck taking us and the van to the closest Chrysler dealer. When we told him our situation, the dealership took us to an Enterprise rental, and THEY PAID for a rental so that we could continue on to Michigan and come back a week or so later to pick up the van. The rental had leather seats and all the bells and whistles (XM included). We were extremely pleased with the Chrysler Dealership......and the repairs were warranty work and done well.

Quick Reply: Rental / loaner coverage ????? not included??