Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removing the Sahara Interior silver plastic trim & replace with black?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:25 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a 2009 unlimited 2.8crd and there not a bit of cheap silver paint anywhere on the interior, thank god.
Just been to local dealers who've just got some 2010 models in and they've got cheap silver painted plastic bits on the steering wheel and rings around the air vents.
If they have to do this why can't they choose a nice gun metal grey embossed with Jeep , Smith & Wesson or Uzi. Some more appropriate to the vechical.
Silver uggg !
Old 05-02-2010, 02:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver ac bezels condition

Roadking54-
What condition are the silver rings in? Any scratches in the silver paint? Are the entire vent assemblies in good shape as well?
Thanks.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by davidx2
Roadking54-
What condition are the silver rings in? Any scratches in the silver paint? Are the entire vent assemblies in good shape as well?
Thanks.
They're in perfect condition! no scratches at all...and don't think it's paint but actually silver plastic.

I'm having difficulty locating black plastic inserts for my steering wheel to replace my sahara silver ones....

Does anyone know if the steering wheels without these silver plastic pieces come with black plastic pieces? Or is it just a black molded steering wheel without removable parts???
Old 05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i found these for you. they are the black rings

.justforjeeps.com/bljkdave.html

Last edited by HONEY BADGER; 05-03-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Please refrain from posting clickable links ot non-sponsors
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep~Rebel~Chick
i found these for you. they are the black rings

.justforjeeps.com/bljkdave.html
Thanks for the research! I actually found those as well.....definitely not paying $80 for (4) plastic rings however. The rings aren't the issue, I can trade for those with another member.

It's the plastic steering wheel spoke pieces that I can't find in "black".....I'm starting to think they don't exist. Anyone know if other JK models have these pieces in black to match the steering wheel???
Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

yeah pretty pricey! dont blame you there. if i see anything, i will repost
Old 05-03-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by roadking54
Is there a trick to getting the pieces off the steering wheel or you just pry them off until the glue gives way?
Trick? I wish there was a trick in getting these off. Mine fall right off! I thought about buying a X / Rubi wheel just to get rid of the silver inserts.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

i found the black steering wheel.....but no clue yet if you can get the "pieces" to make it black
http://www.jeep.com/en/2009/wrangler...interior_tour/
click on the steering wheel option to see it
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

so i hear quadratec is selling the silver steering wheel inserts. but havent found black ones yet
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a full set of black vents.. I bought brand new silver ones for my jeep when it was a week old and still have all 4 of the black ones..

I wish I had the silver gauge inserts and the steering wheel ones too.. I like them better
-Christopher

Quick Reply: Removing the Sahara Interior silver plastic trim & replace with black?